Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chop Chop!

Hands down the freakin' sharpest knife hubby and I have ever used in our entire life, and it's not even the top of the line, sushi grade knife! All for 2,000yen (~$24) too!


We were iffy whether such a cheap knife would cut well, until we saw that it was made by Kai (Kai yet again!!!!), a company that specializes in sharp-edged tools, anything from beauty tools (clippers, razors, etc.) to cutlery to surgical blades. Now, no doubt most companies would tout their products, but hubby and I learned from personal experience with Kai - I had unwittingly bought a nail clipper by Kai before I left JET, only to be startled when it almost cut my finger off! Holy smoke it was sharp, and it continued to stay sharp after 5 years of use and abuse.

That wasn't all. When we first arrived in Japan and went around shopping, we decided to buy another Kai nail clipper, you know, just to see whether the one we left at home was somehow special. Nope. This new clipper is just as crazy sharp. So we snapped up the knife from Kai.

And several times now it cut me and I didn't even realize. No, I'm not that bad of a klutz. Just that after washing the knife for the first time I noticed broken skin in a clean line, though no blood was drawn. I continued to notice this several times after. And then one night, after rinsing the soap off the knife I felt a sting on my finger. Yep, it cut me for real this time. Crazy batshit knife!!!

If you're ever on the market for a good cooking knife, find one with this logo on it. Or if you're trying to decide which knives to get, get one with this logo on it. And please do be careful. Itwill cut you, and you won't know it.
***Logo from Kai Group.

You can't really see it due to the bad shading, but there is a Kai logo on this side of the knife.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts