Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lunch for Dinner

Hubby discovered that our local grocery makes fresh baguettes daily, and he grabbed the last one in the basket. We ended up having a light dinner with French style sandwiches.

I spread a thin layer of cream cheese, then slices of super crispy young cucumber, finally topped with grilled ham. I wanted brie, but there was not a single brie out of the gazillion variety of camembert! I remember being frustrated the same way when I was in Japan last. I wonder if there a reason why brie is so hard to find here...

I guess I shouldn't be too picky. Brie and camembert are so similar anyway, though I definitely prefer the sweetness in brie over the occasional bitterness in camembert. The deli meats sold in the stores are all packaged too, so there wasn't a deli counter where we can buy freshly sliced deli meats. Still, our sandwiches were heavenly! So light yet satisfying!



On hubby's tray here's also a korokke sandwich. Potato cake on bread, talking about carb double whammy!
The rest of the korokke is on the white plate on the right. It goes with a semi-sweetworcestershire-based sauce.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts