Saturday, January 7, 2012

NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder

Citrine and I did a little swap over the holiday, and she threw in few more goodies my way, including this nifty NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder. She knows I only use translucent powder and so kindly sent 701 Translucent xD Thanks Citrine!!! *hugs*

My swap with Citrine ^.^ Absolutely adore everything! All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

NYC Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder in 701 Translucent

The Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder comes in a straightforward no nonsense black plastic compact with mirror and a sponge. It's slim and clicks shut, and funny enough the lid is literally attached to the compact and there isn't a hinge, which means it can be torn right off with rough handling. Oh well, it is a drugstore brand after all so I'm not exactly expecting fancy packaging. And according to Citrine, it's cheap and won't break your bank if you were to break the compact and buy a new one.


I have to say I really like this powder! It has a very finely milled texture and goes on a translucent layer that completely mattefies my Allie sunscreen, which otherwise leaves a dewy semi matte finish. It isn't chalky at all but is rather airy and weightless, and it doesn't exasperate my dry cheeks and magnifies the dry flakes like most matte finishing powders do. It doesn't really have a scent, as far as I can tell. The compact is generously sized too! 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts