Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Colorful Valentine

This post is a little late, but I got these interesting Colorful Mince Chocolates from my boss and I thought I'd post it for fun ^.^ In Japan, Valentine's Day is strictly a ladies giving gentlemen chocolates day (the other way around is White Day, March 14), so I was really surprised when my boss handed this to me. These are her favorite chocolates from Hokkaido. I had no idea of course, thinking these were just your average chocolates. What the hell is Colorful Mince anyway? Didn't sound like anything close to chocolate, let alone flavored chocolates.

Colorful Mince

Turns out there are 8 different flavors of chocolates inside, 5 medallions of each flavor! And now that I've seen what's inside, I realize they look exactly as pictured on the box, which I initially thought were just...cute pictures LOL! Haa, how dense can I get...Sigh.

From left to right: Passion, Mango, Strawberry, Raspberry, Green Tea, Maple, Black Tea (the characters says red tea, but it's actually black tea), and Bitter.

I guess these really are colorful ^.^ They're a little on the sweet side, but hey, chocolates are chocolates, let alone Valentine's Day chocolates! いただきます (literally, I humbly receive)! 

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts