Friday, March 2, 2012

Sephora Collection Colorful Mono Eyeshadow

I got this Sephora Collection Colorful Mono Eyeshadow as a GWP a short while ago, but have only played with it recently. Even then, I didn't actually wear it out yet and have only test-ran it at home while lounging around. It reminds me very much of the long discontinued Victoria's Secret Silkwear Eye Shadow in Mystified. A little too much, actually.

This is a pressed powder eye shadow with smooth texture, though not as soft as it can get. Pigmentation is decent, but it feels a bit...thin. I can't really explain it very well, but some eye shadows feel very luxurious on, like Maquillage Eye Color and Eye Color N, some feel substantial and pigmented, like Kiss Kiss My Eyes Glamorize Shadows, and some just make you feel like you're wearing gorgeous powdered metals, like Etude House Orgel Light Eyes and The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes. And while this #13 Peach Beige also has a very pretty metallic finish, it just feels very thin in the skin, like there's silicone in it, although I checked its ingredients on Sephora and there isn't any. Weird.

#13 Peach Beige

- #13 Peach Beige: metallic, medium intensity. Despite the name it doesn't have any peach in it, not as far as I can tell. Instead, it's a pinky beige color, much warmer than the neutral beige that was VS Silkwear Mystified as mentioned above. Where's the similarity then, you ask? In the fact that for some reason, the metallicity in colors like these just magnify every single pore and line on my skin. The swatch doesn't really show it too well, but it seriously ages me by a decade or two when worn on my lids T.T It's really a pretty color, but I just can't wear it very well at all! Boo. Hiss.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts