Saturday, March 30, 2013

Cle de Peau Beaute Intensive Facial Contour Serum

Been using this 4mL 0.13oz. tube of Cle de Peau Beaute Intensive Facial Contour Serum for a month now after finally finished up the burnt-rubber smelling DDF Amplifying Elixir. This was a part of an older set of samples from E(vil)bay, which I bought solely for the cute little glass bottles the Gentle Nourishing Emulsion as well as the Gentle Balancing Lotion came in ^.^

This sample set (left) includes, from left to right, the Gentle Balancing Lotion 15mL/0.5fl oz., Gentle Cleansing Foam 10mL/0.38oz., this Intensive Facial Contour Serum 4mL/0.13oz., and Gentle Nourishing Emulsion 6mL/0.20fl oz.

This "serum" comes out of the tube a firm gel-cream, which caused me to do a double take the first time I used it. I thought I had mistakenly pulled out the Bio-Performance Super Eye Contour Cream, after all the packaging for these two deluxe samples look rather similar. Upon confirming it was the correct product, I shrugged and warmed up the pin-head sized dollop I had in my palm. And what do you know, it liquified, as in turned into a runny liquid much like SkinFood Lettuce & Cucumber Water Drop Essence! Pretty neat!

I have to say, among all the Cle De Peau products I've sampled thus far, my favorites are the Gentle Nourishing Emulsion and this Intensive Facial Contour Serum. Actually, I like this serum best, even more so than the emulsion. Yes, the gel-cream-turn-liquid texture is cool, but it won me over with the instant absorption that leaves my skin velvety and overall feeling luxurious. Yes, for a "prestige" skincare line, this is the only product I've tried so far that gives my skin that "luxurious" feel, and with a mere tiny pin-head sized dollop per application! The bonus is that the same feminine and matronly fragrance is somehow much lighter and more powdery, making it rather mild and absolutely pleasant. I'm floored! To think this sample is at least 3 years old, how much better would the fresh product be?

That question right there, folks, was the tug that pulled me down from cloud nine. And just when I was tempted enough, no, make that really tempted, to take the fall too! Right, the fresh product may be a different product altogether - it might have been reformulated, given the 3 years' time. Sure, the reformulation could make it even better, but I don't know that, because I haven't tried it. I really love this serum, but it may no longer be available and its current self may not be the same. Damn. Oh well, I should enjoy it while it lasts. Of course, the other part of me is secretly relieved. Phew. Dodged that one. Ha.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts