Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist

I tried a bottle of this Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist for use during my travels and liked it enough to buy a couple of backups. This is a multi-purpose product that can be used as a toner, a pick-me-up/on-the-go moisturizer, as a base underneath makeup as well as to set it. I find my skin getting so dry and dehydrated after a flight that I need a little freshen up to de-zombie-fy xD 

This milky, as in opaque white, liquid in a spritzer bottle is scented with a mild rose scent. You need to shake well prior to spraying, and even then, the liquid seems to be a tad thick and what lands on your face isn't a fine and even mist and needs to be patted in for even absorption. I did a little reading on this mister before trying it. Basically, the chief complaint is that it can be pore clogging for some people. I haven't experienced any clogging even though I used this mister over my sunscreen towards the end of the flight, about half an hour before landing. It does a good job of reviving my tired skin, making me look more awake (and alive) emerging (crawling out?) from the plane. 

I can totally see why some people swear by this as a makeup base and/or makeup setting spray - it's mattefying (yes, even on top of sunscreen), and it keeps this matte-ness for a good few hours! That said, I actually haven't tried it under or over my makeup so I can't comment on either :P Also, I should clarify that I always pick my flights such that they land in the late afternoon or later. Why? Because other than makeup I don't like any sort of moisturizing agent over my sunscreen, corrupting it, not that sunscreen isn't already corrupting by itself as the day wears on. So with flights landing in the afternoon or later, I don't have to worry about reapplying sunscreen since the sun would be setting, if not already set ^.^

So yes, I do like this mister. I gifted a bottle to mum in law and she likes it too. After a couple of bottles though, I think I'm ready to move on to try other things. I know, I have no loyalty whatsoever.


The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alchohol Denat., Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Water, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.
***List of ingredients from The Body Shop USA.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts