Monday, September 23, 2013

Stila All You Need is Love Cheek Palette

After the block of waxy chalk that is the Stila Positively Pink Cheek Palette and the floating shimmery dryness that is the Love at First Blush Palette, I was almost scared to try this All You Need is Love Cheek Palette, which is the limited edition release of this year's Valentine. But I couldn't skip it. Seeing the gold overspray led me to think I'd strike luck again like I did with the Make Me Blush Cheek Color. And on top of the gold overspray, I get 4 different color cubes to mix and match. Tempting, right?

Thank goodness this blush is neither waxy or chalky like the Positively Pink, or dry like the Love at First Blush. That said, it's not as soft and silky as the Make Me Blush either, falling somewhere in between, although thankfully more towards the soft and smooth end of the spectrum and less dry. And for some reason the left column is softer than the right column, perhaps having something to do with the pigmentation used? 

All You Need is Love Cheek Palette. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

As you can see, all 4 colors are equally gorgeous and I actually have a hard time playing favorites. I can only say I don't like the carnation pink at upper right as much as the other 3 colors, but I do enjoy using it. The peach at upper left is most shimmery and the bright hot pink at bottom right is least shimmery. The 2 top colors are lighter and less pigmented than the bottom 2. The 2 left colors are warm, with the upper right somewhat neutral leaning cool, and bottom right cool. I haven't tried mixing 2 blocks at a time or even swirling all 4 colors together yet, but I'm looking forward to it. For now I'm still having fun using each color separately.

- Gold overspray: having learned from my experience with the Make Me Blush Cheek, I didn't swatch the gold overspray this time since there's even less of it here. Too bad it's neither as buttery soft or pigmented, or even as metallic as the other 24-karat gold. Still, it makes a nice wash for the eyes and I use it the same way, dabbing just a bit onto the center of my lids right above my iris to make my eyes pop.
- Peach, upper left: shimmery and warm, and peachier than the peach pink in the Positively Pink palette. I know it appears frosty in my swatch but it's not. It's actually very pretty flattering.
- Carnation pink, upper right: also shimmery, but a cooler pink.
- Hot pink, bottom right: the least shimmery color, also the most pigmented and eye catching hot pink! Yowza!
- Warm rose, bottom left: shimmery and lovely!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts