Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stila Tres Pink Lip Shine Trio

This Stila Tres Pink Lip Shine Trio is one of the newly "rediscovered" goodies after sorting through my boxes, and I haven't even open them all up yet, still. Yes, these Lip Shines are long discontinued, which makes this set ancient. But hey, they are brand new in box and have been stored well so here's to hoping they won't burn my lips off. Or something.

Tres Pink Lip Shine Trio, from left to right, 01 Pink Shine, 02 Rosey Shine, and 14 Icicle Shine. Pictures taken in natural light without flash.

These are lip glosses in squeezy tubes with brush-tip application. These were the last Stila lip products that I bought in the most recent couple of years, and they pretty much put the nail in the coffin when it comes to Stila lip glosses for me. Why? Because they suck. Balls. 

Okay, that was harsh, given the fact that it was, well, my fault that they were stored away and forgotten for so long while I house-hop. But still, they're some of the crappiest lip glosses I've ever used. First off, they're horribly, and I mean horribly, sticky and drying. I've had a fair share of sticky lip glosses, but these just take the cake. Yes, they're old, but even if they were fresh I doubt they would be any less sticky, after all, I quit the Lip Glazes even though I love the click-pen packaging solely because I couldn't stand that tacky and lip-shriveling formula. So chances are these Lip Shines probably would be along those lines even if they were fresh. 

But what was I thinking anyway? I knew Stila lip glosses are sticky and drying like that. The It Glosses, gorgeous as they were, were the exact same way. I would say the only Stila lip products that I have enjoyed so far, and I enjoy very much still, are the Lip Pots and the Lip Glaze Sticks, which I swear are just the most awesomest lip glosses in a stick ever! I'm not the only one who thinks so either. I gave one to mum in law a couple of years ago and the next thing I knew she scoured e(vil)bay to buy more for her sisters and girl friends. I gave another to my sister, and she promptly asked me for more colors. My [extremely picky] sister, folks! 

Anyway, on top of being horribly sticky and drying, these Lip Shines are extremely glittery, which makes them gritty and not smooth at all. The sheer amount of shimmers also turn them frosty on my lips. For the icing on the cake, their age has turned them clumpy, yes, clumpy, I'm guessing because the shimmers got all stuck together over time or something. So yeah, I didn't feel too bad throwing these out -.-'

- 01 Pink Shine: an otherwise pretty fleshy pink, if not for the frostiness.

- 02 Rosey Shine: the most wearable among the 3. It looked super dark coming out of the tube but went on a lovely berry. The glittery shimmers here gave it an almost metallic sheen. Too bad I just couldn't stand the grittiness, the stickiness, and the dryness.

- 14 Icicle Shine: this color was more like a mistake, honestly. It swatched a pearly shell pink that looked sheer enough but the shimmers turned it super frosty on my lips. Urgh.

From left to right: 01 Pink Shine, 02 Rosey Shine, and 14 Icicle Shine.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts