Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Boscia Luminizing Black Mask

This full size 80g/2.8oz tube of Boscia Luminizing Black Mask was part of the 2012 Black Friday promotion and I've been using it occasionally for the past few months. This is a peel-off mask (*not* the same as peeling gels!) that promises to cleans out the pores and minimize their appearance.

This mask comes out of the tube a thick, glossy, opaque black sludge. What you do is smooth an even layer over clean skin, wait until it dries completely, then peel it off starting at the outer edges. Then you rinse off the residues. I just exfoliate the rest off gently with a damp and warm facial muslin cloth.

When you apply this mask, be sure to stay far from your eyes because it will burn - the combination of the high alcohol content plus the witch hazel stings my eyes starting when I apply this to my forehead! In fact, the scent (or should I say the fume?) is so strong it clears my sinus! Thankfully, te stinging goes away in a few minutes. This stuff is so opaque and dark I literally see a change in the light reflecting around me! I kid you not, the surrounding light just gets a bit dimmer O.O In addition, stay well away from your hairline. 

Anyway, as with other peel-off mask, it constricts as it dries. By the time it dries completely, my face would feel really taut and I'd be itching to get it off my face. It sticks really tightly to the skin, and peeling it will hurt a little as it will lift dead skin cells as well as the unfortunate fine hair that got into its path (you've been warned!). This is to say that I don't like this mask too much, because of all of the above: the eye stinging, the tautness as it dries, and what a pain (literally!) it is to peel it off. One night, before exfoliate the residue off with a damp and warm cloth, I took a close-up look to see if my pores had been "un-plugged" has it claimed. What I saw was actually the reverse - my pores were filled with black charcoal powder that was left behind! Even after exfoliating this residue off, my pores still looked enlarged and clogged, not cleansed! Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

2 comments:

Citrine said...

Hey Dalenna, I tried this mask (from your package, of course)and I thought it was actually pretty effective getting out whiteheads (on the side of my faces, not on nose though). I was thinking about getting a tube since it doubles up as mustache wax...

P.S. thanks for the samples! Since I don't usually buy high end, let along buy enough for them to include samples...

P.P.S The Paul & Joe lipstick turned yellow-orange on me as well...In a nice scawaii-model dolly kind of way though. All of my orange have a red/coral lean so it ended up looking really unique in my stash!

D. said...

Hey Citrine!

So glad this mask worked out for you! As you can see it didn't do a thing for me :(

And I guess that's a good thing the P&J lipstick turns out to be unique among your stashes. I just couldn't imagine myself wearing it, I mean, my skin is yellow-toned enough as it is!

Cool! Let me know if you like any of the teas too ^.^

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts