Thursday, December 5, 2013

Olay AquaAction Long Lasting Hydration Gel TW

Picked up this 50g jar of Olay AquaAction Long Lasting Hydration Gel at Watsons in Taipei (hence the TW) with hubby in mind. He was a fan of the long-discontinued Lancome Aqua Fusion line. Way back in the mid 2000's when I still using both the non-SPF as well as the SPF versions of the creams and lotions, he would mooch the non-SPF cream from me every night until I get him his own jar. Then Lancome discontinued this line and he moved on to Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, then SkinFood Lettuce & Cucumber Water Jelly Cream after he grew bored of Clinique.


Hubby hasn't cared for much else since, especially when we were in Japan and Taiwan where it was way to hot and humid for him to bother putting more stuff on his face. Then earlier this year, he finally asked if I'd found anything similar to Lancome Aqua Fusion again. The reason being the harsh water here dries out even his normal skin sometimes. This time, I said may be and handed him this Olay jar. One try and he's been putting some on before bed every night since ^.^ Let me tell you, the sight of this jar on my fussy hubby's nightstand tickles me, and his dabbing it onto his cheeks before pulling the blanket over his head is just beyond adorable.

So, the stuff that won over the discerning dude, as you can see it's a clear blue gel. It has no oil ingredient in it, not as far as I can tell, and so I have labeled this post with "hydrators" instead of "moisturizers". It is scented with a very refreshing and clean ocean water fragrance that we both like.

The gel itself is very light. It goes on and disappears like water, unless I goop it on, in which case it becomes expectedly sticky. So it's too light for my dry skin, even during the warmer days - I mooched it off of hubby a few times already ^.^ That said, it's just right for him! So if you have mostly normal skin that's only occasionally dry, or you live in a hotter and more humid climate and only need light hydration (or a discerning significant other), I'd totally recommend this product. It's not available in the US, but I do know it's available only in Taiwan, Hongkong, and China. I'm just not sure about Korea, Japan, Singapore, or southeast Asia. Sasa (based in Hongkong) does carry it for USD15 and will ship to the US very cheaply, most often free with a minimal purchase requirement, ex. orders of $15-30!

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts