Monday, December 16, 2013

VivoDerm Natural Skincare Facial Toner

This 120mL/4.4fl oz. VivoDerm Natural Skincare Facial Toner is from the Dermstore Fall 2012 Super Luxe Grab Bag #4. I guess the element of surprise is the best part about those mystery grab bags, because I've never heard of this brand before and probably would have never gone out of my way to seek them out and try their products.


Anyway, I've been using this toner in the mornings after having finished Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener. The toner actually comes in a spray bottle, and you're supposed to spray it on after cleansing, then follow with moisturizer. However, I've been using mine with cotton pads, as in spraying it onto the cotton pad, then wipe my face with it. I like it better that way, with some extra exfoliation. 

It's alcohol free and contains grape seed as well as green tea extract. The ingredients list doesn't show any fragrance, but this toner is scented with a green tea fragrance that's more like an "interpretation" of green tea. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't smell bad, it's smells nice, better than most "green tea" scented products in fact. It just doesn't smell like Japanese green tea-scented products, so adjust your expectations accordingly. There isn't any oil ingredients in the toner either, so I'm labeling it a hydrator instead.

This toner is decent, but nothing special. It feels, goes on, and absorbs completely like water. My skin is refreshed afterwards, but that's about it. I guess I'm glad I got to try it, but I won't repurchase, having plenty other toners lining up to try next.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts