Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Arcona The Solution Repair PM

Started using this 5mL pump bottle of Arcona The Solution Repair PM last month. This is an AHA serum for exfoliation, and thus recommended usage is at night only, and for 2-4 times a week and not for every night. Personally, I would recommend wearing a sunscreen of at least SPF50 during the day if you're using any retinoid, AHA, or BHA product at night.

This serum is slightly thicker than water but is not viscous by any means. That means it goes on pretty much like water and absorbs instantly. This serum is unscented, but does have a smell of sort, neither good or bad.

Interestingly enough, both this serum and Kinara Nighttime Skin Quencher contain sugarcane-derived glycolic acid, but Kinara shows visible results while I see nothing with Arcona so far. With the Kinara cream, I wake up with bright and clear skin as if I've had a restful 8 hours of sleep, truly fascinating! I'm on the last few pumps of the Kinara cream still, because it's an AHA product I only use it a couple of nights a week. But every morning after use, the result is the same without fail, bright clear skin, so I know it's the product and not because I've actually had that much rest (I haven't, not with all this moving madness!). And Kinara actually helped ease my skin's dry spell in the late spring. 

With this Arcona serum though, there's no change whatsoever, sleep or no sleep. Granted, my skin isn't any worse, but it's not any better either. Perhaps it's playing favorites, taking to one set of ingredients and not the other? One thing is for sure, if I'm going buy a full size of an AHA product, I'm buying Kinara.

Arcona The Solution Repair PM:
Agua (Distilled Water), Glycerine, Glycolic Acid Polymer, Beta Glucosamine, Beta Fructan, Spin Trap (Phenyl Butyl Nitrone), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil (Lavender), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extracts (Grape), Grapefruit Seed Extract (Citrus Grandis).
***List of ingredients from Beauty.com.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts