Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Victoria's Secret VS Pro Lasting FX Eye Shadow Primer

Picked up a few things from Victoria's Secret semi annual sale this past June, including this 7g/0.24oz tube of VS Pro Lasting FX Eye Shadow Primer. I haven't tried an eye primer from Victoria's Secret before, so I was curious to say the least. The fact it was about $5 helped a lot ^.^

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

This primer is packaged in your average tube with a doe-foot applicator. It's unscented, and comes out of the tube a firm cream with a slightly oily feel, very much like Nature Republic Botanical Eye Primer. I sort of had that oh-great gut reaction the moment I swatched it, because the Nature Republic primer was a dud and this VS one feels like it's heading in the same path.

What do you know, my hunch was correct. This primer dries to an invisible finish but only holds powder shadows. It will crease everything else, including its own sibling (and the better one, in my humble opinion) HyperGloss Eye Shimmer. Even the pressed/baked powder shadows will only last for a few hours at most :( I haven't tried it with the hybrid powder-creams like L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Eye Shadows or Sephora Outrageous Prisma Chrome Metallics (more colors to come, by the way!) yet. I had thought of applying one primer on each eye then wear the same eye shadows, just to see which side would last longer. This experiment probably requires a day lounging around at home, so should one side fail I wouldn't look too much a goof LOL

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts