Friday, January 30, 2015

Canmake Glow Fleur Highlighter

When Canmake first released the Glow Fleur Cheeks, I was initially excited. There hasn't been a new powder blush from Canmake for a while now! But then again, I have so many powder cheeks from Canmake, and it's as Citrine said, their Cream Cheeks had stolen the thunder from pretty much the entire collection of Canmake cheek colors and I doubt any powder can reclaim the spotlight. So I skipped the Glow Fleur Cheeks and tried the Glow Fleur Highlighter instead.

There are 2 colors available for this highlighter, 01 Planet Light and 02 Illuminate Light. 01 Planet Light is the cooler version with pastel blue and lilac, so I went for the warmer version 02 Illuminate Light with pastel pinks, yellow, and beige. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Well, right off the bat I didn't like the packaging, and I'm not talking about the utilitarian clear plastic. I actually don't mind the clear plastic, it's the thickness of the compact I dislike. I'm guessing the Glow Fleur Cheeks are the same, but these compacts are twice as thick as any other Canmake powder cheek compact. It's not because the powder takes up that much space. In fact, because the compact is clear, I can see perfectly that the other half is completely empty and both the powder and the tiny brush included fills up just half. So I don't see any purpose at all for the extra thickness, which reminds me of the space-wasteful compacts for Coffret D'Or Smile Up Cheeks. That was the reason I stopped buying the Smile Up Cheeks even though I think they're pretty, and I probably won't buy any Glow Fleur Cheeks now that I know.   

But other than the silly compact, the powder is silky and smooth, same quality as previous Canmake powder cheek colors and highlighters. This highlighter has very fine shimmers that leaves a glowy finish, but it also has thicker shimmer bits that are scattered, not big or obvious enough to be called glitter but I still want to note this for those who are sparkle-averse. These larger shimmer particles don't show much unless in direct sunlight. So I would say this highlighter is more suitable for night use. If you do use it during the day, avoid sunshine days ^.^ Use a dual-fiber brush like Hakuhodo J4001 for a lighter application.

There are pale pastel yellow, pink, and beige, and a creamy white. But as you can see from the swatches, there's really no colors at all.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts