Monday, January 19, 2015

The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil

When I first saw this Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil on their USA online shop last summer, it peaked my intrigue. Think about it, public opinion on oil-related skincare has shifted so far that a mainstream brand now offers an oil cleanser and an oil serum! It used to be that "oil" was a word of taboo in skincare and anything that wishes to sell claims to be oil-free. I myself bought into that fear of oils, that was, until I worked and lived in Japan and saw how the other side of the globe embraced oils. So you bet I bought a bottle of this serum-in-oil to try ^.^


The packaging is as simple as it comes - a 28mL/0.94fl oz. opaque glass bottle with a glass dropper dispenser. No outer packaging at all, which I don't mind. I drop two drops into the palm of my hand, rub hands together to warm, then press into forehead, cheeks, and chin, massaging the rest into my neck and décolletage. I use it twice daily, mornings and nights, after lotion (toner, currently using Nature Republic Snail Solution 80 Emulsion). Since it's the winter and my skin is super dry, I layer on a moisturizer to seal everything in.

I'm not sure why they call it a serum-in-oil versus plain and simple oil, because it's really an oil fortified with goodies. It's scented with an interesting flowery scent that reminds me of banana flower extract. The oil is clear and colorless. It's quite light and absorbs completely, leaving absolutely no greasy residue or even an after-feel. This makes it suitable for summer use also, and during the summer I would probably skip the last layer of moisturizer, because this oil itself is already quite moisturizing (goes to show just how dry my skin is!). If you're afraid of oil but are nonetheless curious, this will make an excellent introduction to skincare oils! 

The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Dicaprylyl Carbonate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil/Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (Emollient), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil/Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Benzyl Benzoate (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Anisyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).
***List of ingredients from The Body Shop USA.

2 comments:

kuri said...

Next on my serums to try list!

D. said...

And the bottle is quite generous too! Will probably last me through the summer at the rate I'm using - 2 drops each time!

^.^
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts