Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Castledew Diacut Eyes 9 Colors Part IV

I've been collecting these Castledew Diacut Eyes 9 Colors for a long time so even though I wasn't too thrilled with the new BE906 Classic Gem, I picked it up anyway.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash, unless otherwise noted.

Here's a rundown of all the palettes released thus far with my brief comments. I really only like and recommend 4 out of these 7 palettes -- E902 Planet Shine Star, E904 Romantic Garnet Dia, BE905 Blackish Smoky, and E907 Pure Angelism.
BE901 Planet Diamond: baked, low-medium intensity. This is not one of my favorite palettes. Unless there's a color in the pan you really really like, otherwise my humble 2cents is that it's safe to skip.
E902 Planet Shine Star: pressed, medium intensity. I love this palette despite the black shade that's my loathed matte base with floating shimmers finish. Recommended!
BE903 Shine Jewel Dia: baked, sheer-low intensity. Not one of my favorites either. Despite the "shine jewel" in the name it's a pastel palette.
E904 Romatic Garnet Dia: pressed, low-medium intensity. Recommended if you like airy spring colors.
BE905 Blackish Smoky: baked, medium-high intensity. Recommended if you like pigmented and darker, smoky colors.
BE906 Airy Bloom Dia: baked, low intensity. Not one of my favorites, but if you like sheerer pastels in metallic pearl finish this might fit the bill.
E907 Pure Angelism: pressed, medium intensity. Absolutely love this palette and recommend it!
***Screencap from VOV Korea.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing terrible about this BE906 Classic Gem palette (they discontinued the Airy Bloom Dia and replaced it with this Classic Gem, reusing the series number BE906). But as you can see above, I much favor the pressed powder versions (those starts with E90#) over the baked ones (those with BE90#). Yes, the baked powders are overwhelmingly metallic and are softer, smoother, even a little moist in comparison to other baked eye shadows, but they still can't beat buttery soft texture of the pressed powders. Also, the pressed powder have more varied textures and finishes such as shimmer, pearl, metallic, and the highly shimmered translucent top washes. Whereas the baked ones so far are limited to pearl, metallic, and sometimes unfortunately frosty shimmer also.

That's a roundabout way to say this BE906 Classic Gem is not among my favorites either. Like BE901 Planet Diamond, unless you're eyeing a specific color in this palette, I'd say it's safe to skip Classic Gem also.

Picture of compact (right) taken indoor with flash.

Top row:
- Muse Peach: semi metallic pearl, low intensity. Not peach at all but rather a translucent creamy beige in the pan. It swatches pretty much off white with a semi metallic pearly sheen.
- Venus Pink: semi metallic pearl, low intensity. A translucent shell pink with a semi metallic pearly sheen.
- Metallic White: metallic, low intensity. A translucent frosty silver with an intense metallic sheen. Definitely not white!

Middle row: 
- Luna Orange: metallic, medium intensity. Looks more orange in the pan but swatches a semic translucent peach with an opaque metallic sheen when seen from an angle.
- Antique Rose: metallic, high intensity. Not "rose" but rather a translucent but pigmented reddish coppery rust color that swatches true to how it appears in the pan. It also has an opaque reddish metallic sheen when seen from an angle. 
- Stone Gray: metallic, low intensity. A translucent smokey silver, again with an opaque metallic sheen when seen from an angle. 

Bottom row: 
- Classic Khaki: semi metallic, medium intensity. I wouldn't call this color khaki. It's more like a translucent blackened green with very fine gold shimmers, a semi metallic green sheen, and larger white sparkles. 
- Classic Purple: semi metallic, medium intensity. Semi metallic amethyst. Gorgeous!
- Classic Gray: semi metallic, high intensity. A semi metallic charcoal color with silver shimmers. 

See my previous posts:
Castledew Diacut Eyes 9 Colors
Castledew Diacut Eyes 9 Colors Part II
Castledew Diacut Eyes 9 Colors Part III

2 comments:

crackpot_honey said...

It might have even been you who got me onto these freaking beautiful Castledew palettes, they are so pretty!
I got Blackish Smokey for about 20€ on ebay, and while it's super pretty in and out, I'm not precisely *impressed* with the shadows, maybe the colors also aren't all optimal for me.
Maybe I should have indeed gotten a palette with 9 pans, instead of the baked shadows. Which I got all for it's looks though, honestly.

Thanks so much for showing! I always want to click to enlarge but can't, lol. ^^

D. said...

Hi!

Thanks for reading and commenting! Sorry the pictures are small. I have tried to use larger photos but they mess up my columns and whatnot.

You should definitely give the pressed ones (in 9 pans) a try! Out of 5 of the baked palettes I only like the Blackish Smoky and even then, I use it mostly to line my eyes and not much else.

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts