While browsing for SkinFood Tomato Jelly Tint Lip, another item caught my eyes: Missha The Style Moisture Coating Tint. There are 7 colors available, but I only bought Eternal Red, Cotton Pink, Party Orange, Pretty Coral, and Antique Rose. The other two colors are Hollywood Pink, a hot pink, and Dream Orchid, a bright fuchsia, are both too cool and punchy for my taste and so I skipped them.
From left to right: Eternal Red, Cotton Pink, Party Orange, Pretty Coral, and Antique Rose. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.
These are slightly more expensive than the SkinFood lippies at $6 a piece. They're also in a slightly better-looking twist-up packaging, still plastic yes, but still better than SkinFood's plastic and aluminum. I appreciate the transparent color bat at the bottom, because I could store these upside down and see which color I'm reaching for.
Turns out I like these a lot also ^.^ Two lippie hits in a row, lucky me! These are fruity scented lipsticks that are decently pigmented. Actually, they go on my lips a lot more pigmented than the swatches below. One coat on both lips gives me too much color and so I reduced the application to just one coat on the upper lip and press the spread. The formula is creamy and smooth, not too thick but not too thin either, and not a lot of slip. They're not quite buttery with tug like the old Lavshuca Dramatic Memory Rouge, but pretty damn nice for $6!!!
All 5 colors are surprisingly flattering on my lips, and all 5 apply true to how they appear in the tube, which is pretty incredible! I was worried they would be milky and opaque, but nope, the semi-translucent finish adapts to my lips, with a nice sheen to boot! The formula is moisturizing and the color lasts well over 4 hours, fading to a nice a balmy appearance and doesn't feather up or crack. That said, I'm not sure if this is due to the humidity in Japan. If I were home, I'd guess they won't fade as nicely as they do here.
- Eternal Red: shimmer-free neutral red that's the most pigmented of the bunch, and thus subsequently sold out at most online shops. I seldom reach for this color even though I love it, because it's too pigmented for the daytime. When I do wear it, I apply gingerly with just a light coat on the top lip and blend. Love love love this color!
- Cotton Pink: shimmer-free bubblegum pink. This is the color I was most iffy about. I was worried it might turn out to be semi-opaque like some of the Holika Holika Heartful Glossy Lipsticks. Thankfully I was wrong and it wears surprisingly well on my lips.
- Party Orange: shimmer-free navel orange that remains so on my lips. Another love!
- Pretty Coral: pinky coral with scattered fine shimmers that don't show. I think I reach for this color most often, because it's super duper easy to wear and isn't too bright. More love!
- Antique Rose: medium rose, again with scattered fine shimmers that don't show. This color is not quite my-lips-but-better, but more like my-lips-but-more-feminine-and-sophisticated, which is probably the reason it's also sold out at most online shops. I reach for this color a lot also, even though it's almost too feminine and sophisticated for me these days as I've gotten into the habit of leaving the house with a baseball cap LOL! Even more love!
From left to right: Eternal Red, Cotton Pink, Party Orange, Pretty Coral, and Antique Rose.