Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Three Flash Performance Eyeliner Pencil

Finally, finally, finally got around to using my Three Flash Performance Eyeliner Pencils. The thing is, I've already swatched them with the store's indoor lighting and did all the ooohs and ahhhs. I even described their colors and whatnot, so this post is pretty much to confirm the obvious that these eyeliners are awesome and I love them. 

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Out of the 8 colors available, I went home with six: 01 Eye Love, 03 Eye Sense, 04 Eye Belong, 05 Eye Rock, 06 Eye Kon, and 07 Eye Doll. You know what's funny? I bought 01 Eye Love by mistake when I meant to get 02 Eye Believe. So I had to go back for it, which means it'll be in its separate post later.



Before I actually started using these, I had reservations about the rubber smudge tip. I mean, it feels like...rubber and I don't like it. And then I tried using it and, what do you know, it works pretty well ^.^

As you can see from the swatches below, these don't look as intensely metallic or sparkly in natural light as they do in indoor lighting, but I guarantee you they're just as gorgeous on. In addition, my biggest fear with any eyeliner is that it would melt and stain my contact lenses. Not with these--they stay put in this humid weather and don't budge at all. They don't even smear towards the end of the day! Impressive. Every time I use any of these, I have to fight back the urge to buy backups. 

- 01 Eye Love: less pink and more dusty rose in natural light, but still more metallic than the others.

- 03 Eye Sense: has more violet in natural light and therefore more wine than burgundy.

- 04 Eye Belong: more of a royal blue in natural light and the purple only shows when viewed at an angle.

- 05 Eye Rock: mostly black when seen directly and the olive comes out at an angle. I wore this the other day and just adored the look. The shimmers showed up very well even after smudging and blending with the rubber tip, and they lit up my eyes when the sun hit. Beautiful.

- 06 Eye Kon: bronzy when viewed directly and burnish gold at an angle.

- 07 Eye Doll: pewter when seen directly and the titanium comes out at an angle. This color just kills, even in natural light. I might have to cave and buy a backup for this actually.

Here are the direct and angled shots for you. From left to right: 01 Eye Love, 03 Eye Sense, 04 Eye Belong, 05 Eye Rock, 06 Eye Kon, and 07 Eye Doll.

17 comments:

kuri said...

Yay! Now I want Eye Belong and maybe Eye Doll.

D. said...

Hi kuri,

I hope you'll like them as much as I do. I love all of them! Well, okay, may be with the exception of 01 Eye Belong, but only because I haven't figured out how to use it yet...

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

Heh, #1 does look hard to use because it's rather pale.

D. said...

Yeah, the lady at the counter told me it's for the lower lash line and the inner corners of the eyes. I've tried both but found the color too dark for my inner corner highlighting but at the same time too light to line the upper lash line with :(

XO
D.

kuri said...

Argh, So Lonely in Gorgeous says that these are being discontinued! http://www.solonelyingorgeous.com/2016/08/get-them-before-theyre-gone-three-flash.html?m=1

:( I think I'll get 2, 4, and 7, and debating about 6. I think 6 is a bit too warm for me...

kuri said...

after looking at swatches now I want 01 and 05 too :P argh...

D. said...

Hi kuri,

You've got to be kidding me?!? You bet I'm so going to grab some backups because these are seriously some of the best eyeliners I've used! Why in the world would they discontinue them??? ARGH!!!

You should totally try them before they're gone!

Hmph. Grumpy.
D.



kuri said...

I know, right?! So annoyed!! I like these better than Addiction's eyeliners even. THREE's new liners better be even better!
Sigh, I will probably cave and get 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7.

D. said...

Hi kuri,

I checked out Three's "new" eyeliners online, but it seems there are only 3 colors and they're the twist-up non-sharpening type rather than the pencils like these ones I love. So I'm definitely getting #2-7, which is a lot, but I do use and love each and everything one of them! Still haven't figured out how to use #1 yet, but whatever, the color is pretty ^.^

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

I caved on 5 of them :P

D. said...

Hi kuri,

Oh which ones?

I exercised every bit of self-restraint I had and only caved on 3: 05 Eye Rock, 06 Eye Kon,and 07 Eye Doll. I wanted 02 Eye Believe, 03 Eye Sense, and 04 Eye Belong also but was willing to wait and see the new taupe, burgundy, and blue from the new collection. Whereas I think 05, 06, and 07 have shimmers that are too unique to lose, especially 07 Eye Doll, that one just kicks ass LOL

^.^
D.

kuri said...

I admire your restraint! I got 01, 02, 04, 05 and 07. 04 was hard to find! So annoyed that the dept. stores stopped selling them online early :P

D. said...

Well, waiting to see the next collection isn't really restraint per se... :P

Yes, 04 was sold out at both the Ginza Mitsukoshi and the Shinjuku Isetan, and this was about 2 weeks before they pulled the products. Are you in Japan now? There should be some on Rakuten JP!

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

Oh wow, early! Not in Japan sadly but a friend got them for me in Taipei.

D. said...

Oh good call! Are there any Taiwan exclusive items?

kuri said...

No, I don't think so, but my friend could find 04 easily, fortunately :D

D. said...

Glad you were able to get a hold of 04 at least! Who knows, I might regret my decision not to grab a backup of it while I could...

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts