Finally, finally, finally got around to using my Three Flash Performance Eyeliner Pencils. The thing is, I've already swatched them with the store's indoor lighting and did all the ooohs and ahhhs. I even described their colors and whatnot, so this post is pretty much to confirm the obvious that these eyeliners are awesome and I love them.
All pictures taken in natural light without flash.
Out of the 8 colors available, I went home with six: 01 Eye Love, 03 Eye Sense, 04 Eye Belong, 05 Eye Rock, 06 Eye Kon, and 07 Eye Doll. You know what's funny? I bought 01 Eye Love by mistake when I meant to get 02 Eye Believe. So I had to go back for it, which means it'll be in its separate post later.
Before I actually started using these, I had reservations about the rubber smudge tip. I mean, it feels like...rubber and I don't like it. And then I tried using it and, what do you know, it works pretty well ^.^
As you can see from the swatches below, these don't look as intensely metallic or sparkly in natural light as they do in indoor lighting, but I guarantee you they're just as gorgeous on. In addition, my biggest fear with any eyeliner is that it would melt and stain my contact lenses. Not with these--they stay put in this humid weather and don't budge at all. They don't even smear towards the end of the day! Impressive. Every time I use any of these, I have to fight back the urge to buy backups.
- 01 Eye Love: less pink and more dusty rose in natural light, but still more metallic than the others.
- 03 Eye Sense: has more violet in natural light and therefore more wine than burgundy.
- 04 Eye Belong: more of a royal blue in natural light and the purple only shows when viewed at an angle.
- 05 Eye Rock: mostly black when seen directly and the olive comes out at an angle. I wore this the other day and just adored the look. The shimmers showed up very well even after smudging and blending with the rubber tip, and they lit up my eyes when the sun hit. Beautiful.
- 06 Eye Kon: bronzy when viewed directly and burnish gold at an angle.
- 07 Eye Doll: pewter when seen directly and the titanium comes out at an angle. This color just kills, even in natural light. I might have to cave and buy a backup for this actually.
Here are the direct and angled shots for you. From left to right: 01 Eye Love, 03 Eye Sense, 04 Eye Belong, 05 Eye Rock, 06 Eye Kon, and 07 Eye Doll.