Thursday, November 17, 2016

Palgantong Theatrical UV Face Powder SPF50+ PA+++

This Palgantong Theatrical UV Face Powder SPF50+ PA+++ is another sunblock powder among my four newest discoveries. I picked the color OB: Original Beige, but there's also PB: Pearl Beige available, with pearlized powder for a soft focus effect.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


This is a 6g jar of loose powder that's paraben-free, alcohol-free, free of synthetic dyes, and free of mineral oil. It's very slightly scented but the fragrance is so mild I don't even notice it anymore. And I said sunblock above because I only see titanium dioxide (酸化チタン) and zinc oxide (酸化亜鉛) in the list of ingredients, both are minerals that provide physical sunblock. I don't see a chemical filter, but given my limited knowledge of Japanese if you spot something I missed, please do tell :)

In the light of this powder being a physical sunblock, is it at all surprising that it provides full coverage? After all, this is from Palgantong, a Korean brand well-known and loved in both Japan and Korea for their theatrical makeup, think high-coverage. However, like Point Magic Pro Pressed Powder UV, I don't reach for high-coverage powders often, and when I do this powder also creases on me after a few hours, even in this dry climate, quite shocking. So I definitely won't repurchase.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts