Friday, August 9, 2019

Opera Lip Tint Part III

Continuing with my fascination for Opera Lip Tint, here are 11 Cosmic Pink and 12 Glimmer Red. Both colors were released in late June of 2018 and were finally available online and not just at one flagship location in Omotesando--talk about pretentious!

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I couldn't help but noticed the similarity between these Lip Tints and the two Suqqu Moisture Rich Lipsticks 109 Toukiseki (Mandarin Garnet) and 110 Hiiroseki (Rhodolite Garnet) that were released later that year as part of Suqqu Holiday Collection, both of which I'm actually quite disappointed with (will post later). Actually, similarity was an understatement. Save for the packaging, they looked identical, a glittery pink and red. It shocked me to think Suqqu would dupe Opera, and at triple the retail! Damn. Way to make your customers feel like idiots, Suqqu. Let's just say I stopped springing at new Suqqu releases and started scrutinizing them much more carefully. 

Anyway, back to the Lip Tints. I love these two colors. I don't love all the shimmers. I was hoping Opera could pull off the small miracle that Lipstick Queen did with the Dancing Queen Set with all the shimmers and glitters that I couldn't feel on my lips, but nope. Sadly, these two Opera tints have a gritty texture. The upside is that they show very well on my lips and the stains are nice too.

- 11 Cosmic Pink: a transparent cool carnation pink with chunky white shimmers. Leaves a faint fresh pink stain.

- 12 Glimmer Red: transparent warm tomato red, again with chunky white shimmers. Leaves a nice coral stain.

11 Cosmic Pink and 12 Glimmer Red swatches and stains.

See my previous posts:

4 comments:

Julia said...

I remember eyeing these in the stores (the testers were a mess lol) but deciding against them.
I did recently buy my first Opera lipstick, the color Burgundy in the reformulated thicker tubes. It's nice enough, I guess?

D. said...

Hey Julia!

How's it going?

I just bought the Burgundy in the new tube as well even though I like the old tubes much better. How do you like the color?

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

Hi! <3

Things are kinda all over the place these days, but I'm hanging in there.

I do like the color (it was the first Opera color I thought I could actually wear) but it looks much cooler and brighter on the lips than the tube suggests.

D. said...

Hey Julia,

Oh wow. I guess I'll have to wait until I could try the Burgundy on myself, but cooler and brighter doesn't sound too bad but who knows ^.^"

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts