Sunday, October 13, 2019

Buxom Powerplump Lip Balm

Another lippie set I picked up at Sephora was this Buxom Party Girl Pout Mini Lip Balm Kit with four "mini" Powerplump Lip Balm in the colors Big O, Glowing, Flushed, and Fiery.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.



Is there a reason for the quotation marks around the mini above? Yes. Because in contrast with the mini Tarte Quench Lip Rescues, these Buxom ones aren't minis at all. Each of these tubes are in fact lipstick-sized with 3.2g/0.11oz. of product! Look how big they are in comparison to the Tarte mini and the full size Decorte The Rouge.

They're also decidedly different in formula. These are moisturizing, sure, but they're more of a wax-based balm. They leave a slight sheen but I wouldn't call them glossy. There's also a minty sensation on my lips but not a sweet taste, thank goodness. The four colors I have are all shimmer-free, but there's way more pigmentation than Tarte. Some colors (Big O and Flushed) are transparent and others have slight white base (Glowing) or only semi-translucent (Fiery). In addition, all four colors stains a similar pink that's bright but wearable, nothing clowny. I'd say these are much tamer version of Revlon Kissable Balm Stains.

- Big O: looks like a clear balm but this actually turns into a transparent pink.

- Glowing: nude with a slight white base that's not too noticeable and thus is still wearable for me. It swatched peachier on the back of my hand. On my lips it's totally nude.

- Flushed: a transparent blackberry that applies deeper on my lips. On the back of my hand, it swatched more of a red wine.

- Fiery: this is a bright, semi-translucent poinsettia red and is pretty much a lipstick and not at all a lip balm. One swipe will give me more than enough color for both lips. See the swatches below for yourself.  

Swatches and stains, from left to right: Big O, Glowing, Flushed, and Fiery.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts