Thursday, October 17, 2019

Fresh Creme Ancienne Soft Cream

Almost done with this 7mL/0.24fl. oz. of Fresh Creme Ancienne Soft Cream now. Been using it in the mornings, after I finished Sisley Black Rose Skin Infusion Cream.


I'm definitely being unfair to La Mer when I compare the two brand's premier product given the former has a quite a history and story and has enjoyed cult status since the 80's, i.e. La Mer's been around for much longer and has a fiercely loyal fan base, but I can't help but think Fresh is trying to compete with Creme de la Mer with its Creme Ancienne, supposedly inspired by the world's first cream. Let me tell ya, I buy that "world's first cream" story as much as I buy Tatcha's "Japanese" skincare based on ingredients from "an ancient text widely considered to be the oldest beauty book written in Japan." Excuse me while I barf. Just on this BS alone I really ought to support La Mer given Max Huber, the original creator of the cream, never resorted to any of this "ancient secret" crap and made the cream to heal his own burn scars first and foremost. The guy regularly ate the cream straight out of the jar and applied it straight into his eyes too, apparently. I'm down with that. We didn't come around to the idea until recently, but skincare with ingredients safe to ingest? Yes, please!

But I digress. Against my beeping BS-meter, I actually like this Creme Ancienne Soft Cream quite a lot. For one, it's nowhere as heavily scented as La Mer (can we please, please, please tone that cheap perfume down a bit, please?). In fact, I would say the Fresh scent is pretty pleasant, a soothing and creamy scent with a touch of coconut and tinge of sweetness. Interestingly enough, this soft cream is much thicker than La Mer Soft Cream due to its whipped texture, yet it's not as moisturizing, which is why I'm using it in the mornings and La Mer at night. Would I buy a full size? May be with a good promotion ^.^

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts