Wednesday, October 9, 2019

La Mer Moisturizing Soft Cream

Within the massive swap package Caty sent me last winter (thank you, Caty!) were several La Mer products, namely the original Creme de la Mer Moisturizing Cream and thinner versions of it. Since I already tried the original cream and found it too thick, I was actually excited to try the 3.5mL/0.12oz. jar of the Moisturizing Soft Cream. In fact, in addition to this jar I also got four 1.5mL/0.05oz. packets from various purchases at Nordstrom, so together they've been lasting me for 2+ weeks now with nightly use (L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Cream was switched to mornings). 


This time around, I knew to temper my expectations. For one, I already knew the Soft Cream too will be heavily scented. For two, I was open to the possibility that this "soft" cream might be on the thicker side, may be even greasy. Thankfully, the actual cream turned out not so bad. Yep, it had the same beat-you-over-the-head strong fragrance, and yep, it was still a bit thick for a "soft cream," more like a soft balm, which would then made the original cream more like a shortening paste ^.^"

I've been using the Soft Cream like I did the original cream, scoop out a little, rub my hands together to melt and warm it up, then massage onto face. Let's just say this one works a whole lot better for me than the original. It makes my skin nice and soft, if a tad stinky from all the cheap perfume smell, but at least I haven't woken up to an oil spill on my face. Will I buy it? Probably not for that price, especially when there are other creams out there I want like to try that are far less strongly scented.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts