Thursday, November 7, 2019

Decorte The Rouge Part II

I know, I know, I kept ranting about how Decorte The Rouge have fugly packaging and yet here I am, back for more colors. I bought these last fall, before Decorte stopped selling via Selfridges UK online and went solo with their own North American website, which I do appreciate.

At the time, I noticed that certain colors were only available in Japan versus the UK, so after much hand-wringing, I picked up RD450, RD451, and RD452 from Cosme Decorte's Japan website and RD453 and RD454 via Selfridges UK online. All five colors are from the Glow range. 

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

You can definitely tell which ones were from where, as their outer packaging is slightly different.

Here are the three from Japan versus the two from the UK.

I've already reviewed the formula in detail so I'll just skip to the colors. However, it's worth noting that these are a lot more wearable for me than the previously reviewed Glow RD455 and Mattes RD456 and RD457. Don't get me wrong, I love those three colors too, but they're really pigmented and not something I'd go to for everyday wear. The five new acquisitions are decidedly different. Their pigmentation varies, with some much sheerer than others but as a whole, they're still more wearable for me. All five are shimmer free and translucent.

- RD450: a sheer coral red that's totally my jam.

- RD451: a warm and bright poinsettia red. This and RD454 below are the most pigmented two out of the bunch. 

- RD452: another sheer one, a pink red.

- RD453: a raspberry that's a bit more pigmented than RD450 and RD452 but still pretty sheer.

- RD454: a berry red, another pigmented one just like RD451.

From left to right: RD450, RD451, RD452, RD453, and RD454.

See my previous Decorte The Rouge post.

6 comments:

Citrine said...

I wish decorte US would carry these shades (but I don't think they added any). I hate going to their counter since the associates are snobby yet doesn't know shit...

D. said...

Hey Citrine,

I just checked and they do have RD453 and RD454, which are the same two I got from Selfridges UK online last year. The other 3 I think are more readily available in Japan.

Cheers,
D.

Citrine said...

ok let me take a look...for science.I just to need to decide if I hate the packaging enough. But it sure is the best formula at this price point (even beyond) in US market.

D. said...

Yep! Over the weekend I wore one of the mattes (RD457) for holiday photos (with the out-takes on Insta) and I do admit the formula was supremely comfortable. If you're cool with mattes, I'd say check those out too.

Cheers,
D.

Citrine said...

Yeah I was wondering since it seemed so pigmented and bold (I was about to ask but reckon you will mention it sometime later).

D. said...

Last year I wore a sheerer lippie and it didn't show up at all in the pictures, so my photographer friend instructed me to wear something bolder this year and I was like, "Yes, m'am, sure can do!" ^.^ I would totally pick up more mattes if they weren't nude or brown. I wish they'd make an orange/coral matte actually!

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts