Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Etvos Mineral Classy Shadow

After years of avoiding colors that would turn reddish on my lids, I wanted to try actual red eye shadows. However, I didn't want to jump right into the statement-making, Lady Vengeance-red. I wanted to start slow with beiges, browns, and brown-reds, and this boring Etvos Mineral Classy Shadow in Proud Red (now discontinued) fit the bill ^.^

All pictures taken in natural light without flash. 

Actually, that was just an excuse to try some Etvos eye shadows :P I like their Mineral UV Powder and their Mineral Sheer Rouge, so why not give the eye shadows a try too, right? The palette is reasonably priced at 4,400yen with tax, and it's decently sized with 5.3g of product, not so big that it'll stare me down for all eternity but not so small that I feel like I paid for just the compact.

These eye shadows are okay. The texture is fine and smooth but nothing to write home about. That said, keep in mind I have great stuff at every price level so I'm spoiled and jaded. Pigmentation is surprisingly decent though! I think the surprise is due to their website featuring some very light-handed eye looks coupled with too bright lighting that washed out the colors. So I mistakenly thought the palette would be sheer--it's not at all.

- Proud Red: a beige, brown, and brown-red palette that very much reminds me of RMK Basic4eyes 03 Autumn Night (aka Moon Bloom 06 Sunflower Brown), minus the cool futuristic packaging, and the brown-red is pressed powder instead of cream. Boring? Yes. Good color practice for boring ol' me? Yes.

Clockwise from top left:
- Highlighter: shimmer, low intensity. A ochre that matches my skin tone pretty well, much so that it seems to blend in and disappear. Sounds like I'm complaining, but actually this makes a fantastic highlighter, because my eyes just seem to light up with it on. Likey!
- Medium/crease: shimmer, medium intensity. A milk chocolate that's not really dark enough to line with, but I do use it line my lower lash line anyway for daytime looks.
- Medium/crease: shimmer, high intensity. A brown-red that's nice and somewhat edgy, for me at least ^.^. I use it to line my upper lash line.
- Medium/crease: shimmer, high intensity. A camel color I actually use in the crease.

2 comments:

Caty said...

The color scheme looks really close to Suqqu Kaoribara but still different. Pretty!

D. said...

Hey Caty,

Yeah you're right! It does look like Suqqu Kaoribara with the brown darker and the red a bit redder! I think it works pretty well for me, especially that brown-red. Perhaps one day I'll work up the nerve to try something brighter but right now I'm pretty happy with this :)

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts