Friday, November 15, 2019

L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream

I initially opened this 200mL/6.9oz. jar of L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream to use on my feet, because Origins Calm to Your Senses Lavender and Vanilla Body Souffle was too thin and nowhere near adequate. However, after just one use, I stashed it away until now, after I'd finished the current bottle of Mustela Hydra Bebe Body Lotion. It was just too damn nice to be wasted on my alligator feet, so I'm using it all over instead ^.^"


This jar was from a generous set of gift my dear friend C. sent me one (or two) winter(s) ago, and I didn't get around to using it until now. There's a reason for that. You see, this body cream has come a long way since I first tried sample packets of it years ago. I remembered it being really thick and greasy and took forever to soak into my skin, if it did at all. So I thought I'd save it for a winter that's extra cold and extra dry, which is this winter ^.^" That was why I initially thought it would be a good use for my dry feet.

However, the moment I scooped some out with a plastic spatula, I realized I was so, so, so wrong. In fact, just peeling the aluminum lid back impressed me. The pristine cream looked more like buttercream frosting and I seriously thought about licking it. It smelled heavenly, the signature milky creamy L'Occitane shea butter scent, which didn't help my urge. Then I dug the scoop into it and, woah, the scoop sunk right in when I was expecting some resistance. I applied some to my feet and, woah again, it just melted like butter and soaked right in. No greasiness at all. Whaaa? Yup, so I put the aluminum lid back and screw the cap back on. Hells no my feet don't get to enjoy this deliciousness. I do ^.^ And I am! Will definitely repurchase. 

14 comments:

Julia said...

I got a gift set for my last birthday - the Verveine Fresh Body Milk is really nice and cooling for swollen legs in summer, in case you were wondering.
These days I use the Precious Garden body lotion in Honey Peach, which I bought because it is a) cheap and b) I love the handcream. It's a very different formula, though, and I think I'll use it up fairly quickly because I feel like I need a lot, so the price isn't actually that great.

Also, would you like one of these in a different color?
http://matejasbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2018/09/catrice-dewy-ful-lips-conditioning-lip.html

D. said...

Hey Julia!

I have extra dry skin in the winter so I usually pick a thicker body lotion around this time of the year, but I'll keep the Verveine Fresh Body Milk in mind (if it's even available on this side of the pond) for the summer! Thank you for the recommendation!

I really liked the Precious Garden hand cream you sent me too, and I used it up last winter in record time ^.^" I didn't know they had a body lotion, but if you're using it up quickly, it probably won't be anywhere near enough for my alligator skin.

Have you tried the Catrice lip gloss? I'm about to send you a full size gloss as well as I haven't touched a gloss for years but somehow keep receiving them as gifts xD

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

Yeah, it's definitely not enough for winter, but this summer with all the standing and walking I did, I loved it. Might look for a cheaper dupe next year though, or try not to stand so much!

The Precious Garden hand cream is great, but the body lotion is weirdly less thick and nourishing. For the hand cream, is just yuzu okay or do you want other scents too?

I haven't actually tried it yet because I haven't been to Germany since reading all the rave reviews. But now I want to buy the berry shade. I don't usually wear gloss either, not sure why.

D. said...

Hey Julia,

Ooohhh I love yuzu anything ^.^ Thank you so much! I've tried the other scents I think. There was the lavender tube one you sent and also a pink-peach tube I bought while was still in Tokyo.

This gloss I'm going to send you is actually quite nice. I had another full size tube last year (in the same color too!!!) that I passed on to my friend and the formula is very similar to the Catrice gloss as described in the blog you linked. The color is a no-brainer too, a MLBB that doesn't really need a mirror to apply.

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

Okay, so one yuzu hand cream? Two?

Very intriguing! Which gloss is it?
So you don't want the Catrice?

D. said...

Just one yuzu is enough for me, unless you think it's super awesome amazing LOL

It's a gloss from Estee Lauder, nothing fancy or special, but the formula is not too shaby! In fact, I've been using their lip conditioner for years and it's really nice too. Next time I restock I'll grab you one!

To be honest, if you're going to Germany, I'd rather have those $1 lip balms you've been wearing to bed to years--that's some credibility right there! And lip balms that are good enough to wear to bed are rare, because they usually have colors or shimmers which is a no-no for bed. So I prize a simple minty balm at bedtime. Hubby too, actually. He's been borrowing mine all these years xD Thank you SO much!!!

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

Well, it's like 250 yen and the formula is pretty great, so I could buy as many as you want or think you'll use.

Oh, I rarely ever use expensive skincare and my lips are very happy with my current 1,25€ lipbalm, so I'd feel bad, but thank you for the offer!

Speaking of which, how many do you want? I think I sent you one previously, in a yellowish tube - have you tried it?

D. said...

Hi Julia,

Well, I'll have just a couple since I'm only using them at night so they last a while. Last year you sent me a peach one that smells amazing, a vanilla one, and an unscented one with calendula. Is there a mint version?

Don't feel bad! It'll looks nice in your purse xD

THANK YOU!!!

Hugs,
D.

Julia said...

Are we talking hand cream or lip balm now? ^^;

LOL Nothing looks nice in my purse because it's so chaotic!

D. said...

Hey Julia,

I thought you were talking about the $1 lip balm possibly in minty flavors ^.^

Hugs,
D.

Julia said...

Oh, sorry, unless there's a limited edition, that one only comes in calendula.

D. said...

Oh that's fine then ^.^ If there's a minty version I'll try one, if not it's totally fine :D Thank you!!!

Julia said...

I'll send you the regular version for now!

D. said...

Just one would be awesome. Thank you SO much, Julia!!!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts