Thursday, December 5, 2019

By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge

Along with Clinique Pep-Start Pout Perfecting Balm, I also picked up a few other random lippies to try, this By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge in 10 Berry Boom, Origins Blooming Sheer Lip Balm in 04 Daisy Coral, and Pixi Beauty MultiBalm Cheek & Lip in Soft Strawberry (will review both next).

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Why did I pick this? Well, I'd read a review of these from Iris at Rouge Deluxe a few years ago and had been curious about them since. She mentioned that most of the colors were so sheer they weren't worth the price point, and that the color Berry Boom was the most pigmented in the range, so that was the color I picked.

The formula is quite nice, a jelly that's on the thin side and has a nice sheen. Once on, it's moisturizing and turns balmy as it fades. There's a strong rose scent that very much reminds me of Lancome lipsticks. While I do wish they'd tone it down a bit, it's not a deal-breaker. The long and slim tube is shiny metal. It's light but doesn't feel cheap.

- 10 Berry Boom: a shimmer free and translucent violet-fuchsia. It's more fuchsia on the back of my hand a lot more violet on my lips. And, erhhh, this sheer rouge isn't sheer by a long shot--one swipe delivers enough color for both of my lips! The swatch below is a single swipe. I think with many western brands, when they say "sheer" they actually refer to the finish (translucent) and not pigmentation. Anyway, if Iris was right and this is the most pigmented one in the range, I might just wait for a sale to go back for other "sheerer" colors ^.^"

Swatches from left to right: By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge 10 Berry Boom, Origins Blooming Sheer Lip Balm 04 Daisy Coral, and Pixi Beauty MultiBalm Cheek & Lip Soft Strawberry.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts