Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Dear Flora Oil in Hand & Nail Cream

Stumble upon these two 60g tubes of Dear Flora Oil in Hand & Nail Cream x Disney LE packaging in Floral Bouquet (Princess Aurora aka Sleeping Beauty, pink tube) and Fruity Cocktail (Snow White, red tube, will review later) on final clearance sale. They were going for $5-6 a piece on YesStyle where prices are usually grossly marked up--I'm talking about 200-300%! So I grabbed them along with a 120g jar of DHC Medicated Hand Cream for my mum who works in a clean room for a pharmaceutical start-up, which constantly leaves her hands in tatters :(


Honestly I wasn't short of hand creams or anything at the time so this purchase was purely out of curiosity. I haven't tried a Mandom brand hand cream before so I wanted to know how it compares with other brands. So far, so good! I was prepared for Floral Bouquet to have a flowery scent but to my relief, the fragrance is mild and not too flowery at all. In fact, the smell is pretty pleasant and I enjoy the scent even! The hand cream itself isn't thick, but it's not too thin either. The most important thing is that it's moisturizing, if not a little sticky at first, very much like Maihada Katsujun Hand Cream

In fact, I was using Origins Calm to Your Senses Lavender and Vanilla Body Souffle after the shower all over my body including my feet, but after a few weeks my feet had started to crack up. The souffle wasn't moisturizing enough for my alligator feet, what else is new? One day, I was desperate enough that after applying this Dear Flora hand cream to my hands, I put some on my feet too ^.^" Why not, right? And what do you know, it worked so well I started using it on both my hands and feet every night now.

This winter has been particularly cold and drying so far, and I went through tubes after tubes of hand cream in record speed. Having gone through half of this tube of hand cream, I realized the Fruity Cocktail tube was the last in my queue (for the nightstand, I have a separate queue for travel-sized tubes for my bag) and panicked a bit. Off to Amazon JP I went and found the remaining 3 tubes in this Disney LE packaging series: Romance Peony (Ariel, blue-green tube), White Jasmine (Cinderella, blue tube), and Flower Charm (Rapunzel, purple tube). Thank goodness Amazon JP would ship these overseas, because it's totally random what they would and wouldn't ship. You bet there will be more hand cream reviews coming :) 

3 comments:

Julia said...

Merry Christmas!

I could swear I still see these in stores in Japan, so I'll check once I get back!

D. said...

Hey Julia,

How's your holiday at home so far?

I think these should be in stores still, since they're readily available on Amazon JP, not not at all marked-up!

Cheers,
D.

Julia said...

Eh, the usual family fights and people trying to get into my uterus.

Next time just tell me when you want stuff!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts