Tuesday, January 28, 2020

L'Occitane Hand Creams Part VI

Another two years passed and here's another post to my L'Occitane Hand Creams series. I used to like these a lot because the 30mL tubes are perfect for my bag. I don't use them exclusively, but even so I'm getting tired of them. The scents are increasingly strong and overbearing these days, not to mention they're getting quite pricey ($12 for 30mL/1oz). I think I'm going to stop buying these for a while and try new things. That said, just yesterday hubby made a special request to get him more L'Occitane Lavender Hand Cream. Ha.

- Cerisier Irisé Hand Cream 30mL/1fl. oz.: very strongly scented, overwhelmingly flowery and sweeter than Cerisier Pastel below.


- Cerisier Pastel Hand Cream 30mL/1fl. oz.: also very strongly scented, overwhelmingly flowery with a touch of tangy fruit. The cherry notes were undetectable for me. 

- La Collection de Grasse Iris Blanc Hand Cream 30mL/1fl. oz.: this one actually smelled nice, like fresh fabric with a touch of floral, if that makes any sense. This was a lighter cream though, not as moisturizing as I'd hoped.

I like that L'Occitane releases these mini 10mL/0.3oz. ones, but then they also charge $5 each... That, or they make you spend a ridiculous amount to qualify for a set of 4 as GWP. Hardly worth it.


- Cherry Blossom Hand Cream LE 10mL/0.3oz: from the Mini Happy Hands Set above, felt thicker and more moisturizing than I remember. The last cherry blossom "hand cream" I used was more like a gel and didn't last very long. It smelled different too, a little more feminine and less flowery. 

- Delightful Tea Light Hand Cream Whipped 30mL/0.6oz: light hand cream? Erhhh...the whipped texture was actually even thicker than regular non-whipped creams. It smelled like perfumed tea and they definitely could tone down the sweetness a little, but both hubby and my mum commented on how the whole car smelled like tea whenever I used it. I ended up giving my tube to my mum because she liked it so much.


- Pivoine Flora Hand Cream LE 10mL/0.3oz.: from the Mini Happy Hands Set above, slightly thicker than I remembered but I used it up in a couple of weeks. Liked the peony scent as usual.

- Rose Hand Cream LE 10mL/0.3oz.: from the Mini Happy Hands Set above. It had a mild rose scent and not overwhelming. Texture was just right, not thin like Almond or Cerisier but not thick like the original Shea Butter either. Likey!

One thing was for sure: they knew my number. Who could resist that adorable blue polka dots tin, aka the Shea Butter Holiday Gift? Not me. Urgh. I'm such a sucker.

And I totally fell for this Shea Butter Comforting Set because I wanted to try the Shea Butter Cleansing Oil and Gentle Toner.

- Vanilla Bouquet Hand Cream 10mL/0.3oz.: got two from the two sets above. It had a flowery vanilla scent, not at all sweet or cloying or overly flowery. The hand cream was very thick though, better for colder season.

- Wonderful Jasmine Hand Cream 30mL/0.6oz.: perfumed jasmine that was on the strong side but thankfully didn't give me a headache. Hubby hated it though, so did my sister. They cringed and pinched their nose every time I used it in the car ^.^"


See my previous posts:

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts