Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Lunasol Geminate Eyes Part III

In the spring of 2019, Lunasol did something interesting--they re-released an updated version of the long-running Geminate Eyes, now named Geminate Eyes N. In addition to the two available palettes 01CE and 05RB, there was also a LE release EX01 Amethyst. Being a fan of the palette, of course I had to have this LE palette. I found it on Amazon JP and thankfully, they were willing to send it overseas to me.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

A note about Amazon JP--it's completely random what they would and wouldn't send overseas. If you're thinking of trying your luck anyway, just know that their shipping fees to North America has been pretty reasonable and affordable in my experience. For example, the palette above cost 700yen to send, no joke! Another example was a pair of shampoo and conditioner in their original 500mL pump bottles that cost 1,750yen to send. That's a deal if you ask me. So far, all of my Amazon JP orders were sent via DHL and arrived in about a week, perfectly, and more importantly, efficiently wrapped in the usual Amazon fashion, as in the items placed on a piece of sturdy cardboard and then shrink-wrapped together securely just once. I paid Japanese retail for the all the products from Amazon JP, with occasional sales and discounts even! As much as I dislike Amazon for being a giant monopoly, I do appreciate the efficiency of their overseas services.

Anyway, back to Lunasol. The most obvious difference between the original Geminate Eyes and the Geminate Eyes N is the center pan--it's bigger for sure. For this LE release, there's less pigmentation, and the pressed powders aren't buttery. They're still smooth, with the darkest shade the silkiest, but none of them are buttery. I've read that these differences are consistent with the other two updated releases in the permanent lineup as well. In fact, this Taiwanese blogger swatched the old and the new 01CE side by side, and you can see the slight difference in pigmentation in each pan. I'm glad I have the old ones. And while the LE palette is pretty, it's not a must-have.

Clockwise from center:
- Sparking top wash: high shimmer, very sheer. Transparent pale pink-violet.
- Base, highlighter: shimmer, very sheer. Soft white.
- Lid: shimmer, low intensity. A lavender that leans a bit periwinkle.
- Deep, liner: shimmer, medium intensity. Deep wine.
- Medium crease: shimmer, medium intensity. A tawny pink with pink shimmers.

See my previous post:

4 comments:

Citrine said...

I was trying to hunt this one (plus suqqu tokiyou) down when I went to Japan last spring but it was gone from most counters (I feel like Chinese reseller hoarded them all from the counter whenever there was restock). Even you said it's not must have,I feel bad missing out because lunaso doesn't release cool tone palette as often...

D. said...

Hey Mina,

It's true Lunasol doesn't release cool-tone palettes very often, and this alone makes this particular one worth while I guess. I just got bored of the same-old gradation that's all, especially when they made it sheerer than the original line-up. Have you tried Rakuten JP or Amazon JP?

Cheers,
D.

Citrine said...

I have never gotten anything via Japanese site (there is a how to post on reddit, maybe I should review it)...I thought it would be easy if I was there in person (guess Chinese just love Japanese brands too much).

D. said...

I was reluctant to use Rakuten Global for the longest time because the search function just sucks balls. But then now I'm used to it, which is not to say it doesn't suck still. It does ^.^" but once you get the hang of it it works okay.

Amazon JP is a lot more user friendly, but it's completely random what they would and wouldn't send overseas, so just try your luck. In my experience, eye shadows are mostly OK to send.

Good luck ;D

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts