Thursday, January 23, 2020

Lunasol Nuance Shade Eyes

In the fall of 2018, Lunasol released a new line of eye palettes called Nuance Shade Eyes. For the most part, these are the same-old same-old gradation schemes, with the exception of the palette 04 Dazzling Night Scene.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

I found in this particular palette intriguing in that there are not one but three medium crease shades, without any of the usual base/highlighter or sparkling top wash. In fact, I'd say this is a pretty lovely smokey eye palette and I like it waaay better than the Geminate Eyes LE release in the next spring. To top it all off, despite all the shimmers you see, the eye shadows are much silkier and softer than the new Geminate Eyes, and more pigmented too! Love!

Clockwise from top left:
- Medium, crease: shimmer, medium intensity. Gorgeous taupe with white and violet shimmers.
- Medium, crease: shimmer, medium intensity. Pretty denim blue with white shimmers.
- Deep, liner: matte-based shimmer, high intensity. A sooty matte black with lots of "floating" white shimmers. My least favorite pan in the palette. Actually, I've encountered this exact shade many times over and I've always hated it. I wonder why Lunasol didn't just make it a shimmery black instead of a matte-based one. Urgh. May be I'll just de-pot it and put something else in.
- Medium, crease: shimmer, medium intensity. An olived antique gold that's almost but not quite semi-metallic. Despite being shimmery, it's also translucent. This translucency makes me think it can be sheered out to an all over lid shade, though only if your skin tone allows. This color shows pretty well on me, and I'm fair-medium. So if you're lighter than I am, it'll probably show up more like a medium/crease shade.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts