Monday, February 3, 2020

Astalift BB Cream SPF50+ PA++++

Here's another overdue review: I had this mini 5g tube of Astalift BB Cream SPF50+ PA++++ in Natural Beige since the fall of 2018 when I bought the Flarosso Intenso Eyeshadows.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

It's been a looong time since I last used a bb cream, since Elisha Coy Premium Gold Mineral BB in 2015! Even back then I used them minimally, as concealers so to speak, on my under eye area and around my nostrils and mouth. Fast forward to last spring, I came across this Astalift tube when I was cleaning out my desk. I honestly was about to toss it into the trash bin when I thought, why the hell not, and tried some on. I could always toss it afterwards, right?

Imagine my surprise when this stuff went on like a cloud and disappeared into my skin, leaving my face evenly toned and flawless. Woah. What just happened? On a different day, I tried it again, this time mixing some into that day's sunscreen cocktail. Again, smooth application, quick absorption, and set into a lovely finish. I ended up keeping this mini tube knowing a couple of occasions for photography would come around soon enough (like my little guy's second bday party).

- Natural Beige: swatched a little yellow on the back of my hands but matched my facial skin pretty well as I have more yellow on my face.

Sure enough, my old gal-pals T. noticed. I've known T. since middle school and we went to high school and college together, and she's now a professional photographer, taking all of our photos for holiday cards, etc. Anyway, T. asked what I was wearing. I told her I mixed some bb cream into my sunscreen. T. asked what bb cream it was. You see, having a full time job in the finance sector, a professional photographer in her spare time, in addition to being a mum of two boys (some folks just make you feel like a total underachiever and lazy bum, right?), T.'s a full-fledged bb cream fan. 


So hell, I bought her a full size tube in the same shade Natural Beige, and while at it an Astalift skincare trial kit. T. is a touch lighter than I am, and her skin tone has lots of yellow also. The other shade available (Light Beige) looked way too pink in the promo picture, so I figured I'd get her Natural Beige to try. The jury is still out on her side, because girl is so busy she barely has time to eat, but I'll update this post once I can get a hold of her for some feedback ^.^"

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts