Thursday, March 12, 2020

Hera Sun Mate Stick SPF50+ PA++++

The next contender for a sun stick that I can use for facial touch-ups is this 18g Hera Sun Mate Stick SPF50+ PA++++.

Note this is the 2018 version that's been discontinued. There's a newer 2019 version, a 20g stick in a wider tube with rounder top. I bought this 2019 version too, a good spoiler for the 2018 version reviewed below: we have a winner, folks! Now let's just hope they didn't mess with the formula too much, because this 2018 version is really good ^.^

First things first: hooray for a sun stick that doesn't look--or smell--like a deodorant stick! Actually, this Hera stick has a pretty nice fragrance, a milder version of L'Occitane Immortelle line of products that's not too flowery and not overpowering. Another thing that seems promising to me is the fact that the stick itself is opaque, like, completely opaque, not even semi-translucent like Laneige Air Light Sun Stick or Skin Aqua Perfect UV Stick. That said, I can't find an English list of ingredients for it anywhere, not for this 2018 version, not even for the newer 2019 version :( The opacity gives me hope that there's at least some titanium dioxide or zinc oxide or both, which would make it a combo product with both mineral blockers and chemical filters, but without an actual list of ingredients it's pure guessing on my part.

This sun stick also claims to be skin primer that will give a powdery finish (the white parts) as well as a makeup base (the pink, s-shaped strip). I'm not exactly certain what they meant with "skin primer," but this stick does indeed go on matte and powdery and leaves a visible white cast until I massage it into the skin, after which it sets to an invisible and lovely soft matte finish. I've been using it to touch-up my face before heading out in the afternoons and it's been so pleasant, especially when it doesn't get all melty and greasy by the end of the day. May be I should get a backup of this stick in case they screw up the newer 2019 version :X

The soft matte finish after massaging in. Sold.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts