Friday, March 6, 2020

L'Occitane Fruity Perfecting Balm

Along with the two L'Occitane Fruity Lipsticks in 040 Gor-Juice Pomelo and 060 Plum Plum Girl, I also picked up this Fruity Perfecting Balm in Le Yellow.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.


This balm has the same sunny yellow tube as the lipstick. Even the fruity scent is the same, only with an added minty tingly sensation upon application. Here's what annoys me the most: it too has a slight white base and turns my lips a bit pale immediately upon application, until the tint gradually turns pink. Even then, this pink tint is so faint it restricts the balm to summer use for me, because it's just too pale for the winter. Interestingly enough, the pink stain it leaves behind is actually brighter than the pink tint of the balm itself. I know the swatches below don't really show this difference, but it's visible on my lips it ^.^

And guess what--this balm has a better formula than the lipsticks! On my lips, it feels a lot more emollient without that silicone-y slip I dislike, and the finish has a nicer glossy sheen to boot. So overall it's not a bad balm, but there's definitely room for improvement. Will not repurchase.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts