Saturday, March 7, 2020

Soap Crazy Part XV

Interesting. I just realized hubby and I average out to about 10 bars of soap per year, give or take a few repeats. The last Soap Crazy post dated January 2019.

- Arb-Ims Spa Co Vanilla Honey Soap 100g: this bar was from a massive care package my friend A. sent to me from Tokyo. She'd been traveling the world with her hubby and daughter, and everywhere she went, she collected something to send to me. How sweet is that? I'm so blessed with such kind and generous friends T.T  

Among the goodies were Beauty Diary sheet masks and soap bars from Thailand.


This particular brand was Thai domestic only, which was too bad. Contrary to the what packaging says, I couldn't discern any vanilla or honey, only a mild generic soap scent that was indeed sweet and creamy, with a faint whiff of cinnamon. The bar gave a creamy lather and felt nice on the skin. It wasn't as harsh as Madam Heng's below but I wouldn't say it was mild either. I liked this bar much, much, much better than Madam Heng for sure.


- L'Occitane Bonne Mere Soap Milk 100g: I just couldn't get enough of this Milk scent no matter what form of soap it was, Bonne Mere or Shea Butter Extra-Gentle. Enjoyed every bit of this bar until there was only a tiny sliver of it left.

- L'Occitane Cedrat Soap 100g: from the Cedrat collection for men though I thought the scent was pretty unisex. It was supposed to be a citrus scent, but to me it was more of an earthy woodsy scent with a touch of musk. I discerned no citrus whatsoever but I love it nonetheless. It just smelled really nice! The soap itself lathered well and wasn't drying on my skin. After the first few uses I immediately bought two backup bars and will definitely stock up more with a good sale or promotion. One of my favorite scents among all of L'Occitane soaps, along with Almond and Milk above, both of which had been a long time love.

- Madam Heng Original Herbal Soap 160g: a large, round, and white bar of soap. Hubby thought it was aromatic and he liked it, which really surprised me because I thought this scent was just repulsive. It was a harsh and astringent, tart-sour generic soap scent that really got under my skin. And it was so. very. strong. so strong I literally breathed through my mouth as I tried to use it. In the end, I stuck to L'Occitane Bonne Mere Peach Shower Gel exclusively and let hubby finish the bar on his own.


- Origins Feel Good Soap Set: I got this set of four 105g/3.7oz. bars on sale and was quite happy to try something new. They were supposed to be four different scents but after a while, they all smelled the same to me.



- Amyris-Cinnamon: this bar had coarse nutmeg powder for exfoliation. There was a prominent note of cinnamon and hubby liked it. He said it made his skin super soft.

- Patchouli-Sage: this bad had green tea powder and coarsely grounded green tea for exfoliation. It had a scent that reminded me more of the kitchen than the shower, not at all unpleasant, just unexpected, like a spiced olive oil.

- Rose-Geranium: smelled mostly herbal with a faint whiff of rose.

- Orange-Lemon-Basil: smelled mostly herbal, just like the Rose-Geranium above, with a faint whiff of citrus that was not discernible as orange or lemon. I smelled zero basil.

Thann was perhaps my biggest discovery late last year. Right before Thanksgiving 2019, I tagged along on one of hubby's conference trip to Durham, NC. We stayed at the Marriott City Center there at Durham (and totally forgot to take pics of our room to post about later =.="), and our room had the below set of Thann toiletries which was such a pleasant surprise. Why? Because Thann is a Thai boutique spa brand and I'd seen a branch store on the 2nd floor of the Midtown Tower in Roppongi. I went into that store once out of curiosity, but of course not knowing anything about the brand then made it hard to drop some 3,000yen for a small bottle of hand lotion. So it was quite a random surprise for us to receive a set of Thann toiletries out of the blue at a Marriott in Durham ^.^


- Thann Aromatic Wood Rice Bran Oil Soap Bar 37g: One word for this bar of soap: wow! It had a warm, woodsy, and creamy scent, nothing reminiscent of orange or tangerine as stated on the packaging but was still so, so lovely. It produced a rich and creamy lather and I loved it so much I went straight to Thann's US online shop to check out more of their soap bars. The website even said that hotel amenities were made with a different formula than their consumer product lines. I didn't know if that meant the amenities were made better or worse, so I had to buy more of their soap bars for science :P

See my previous posts:

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts