Pages

Friday, August 14, 2026

Beekman 1802 Buttermilk Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm

Saw these little 41g/1.44oz. jars of Beekman 1802 Buttermilk Makeup Melting Cleansing Balm and bought 3 of them, but I ended up keeping only 1 to use and shared the other 2 with friends. 

Beekman 1802 is a brand of goat milk-based bath and skincare products, and I've tried a bunch of stuff from them, including dozens of bar soaps and hand cream tubes. In general, I like their stuff, but every once in a while, I run into a dud, and unfortunately this cleansing balm is one of them. I hope my friends had better luck with these than I did :(
 


This was a hard balm that melted into a thick oil. There was no added fragrance, so it didn't smell good, but didn't smell bad either. Instead, it just smelled like a cleanser that you should not eat LOL But the scent wasn't why I didn't like it.
 
 
In short, this stuff was weird: it rinsed off of my hands just fine but wouldn't come off of my facial skin. In fact, once I rinse my hands off and then apply water to my face, the thick oil became even thicker and lard-like, and just took for-freakin'-ever to rinse off. At some point, I literally had to wipe it off of my face, and then use a foaming follow up cleanser to rid my face of it. Even then, it left my hairline and face oily, but nowhere else on my body oddly enough. Thankfully, it didn't leave my shower floor greasy either, unlike, ahem, Versed Day Dissolve Cleansing Balm. So whereas Versed was uniformly greasy from head to toe to shower floor, this Beekman cleansing balm was picky about where it stuck to. Will not repurchase and don't recommend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment