Sunday, February 15, 2009

Shiseido Savon D'Or Soap

I spotted this Shiseido Savon D'Or Soap at my local groceries and picked it up on a whim, thinking of my Super Mild Soap.



Umm...it smells like Ivory soap. And while that's not a bad thing, it also feels like Ivory soap, so dry and harsh. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with Ivory soap. It's a cheap, dime a dozen good ol' soap, okay, more like $2 for 3 bars, but you get my drift. The problem with Shiseido Savon D'Or is that while it feels like cheap soap, it's not so cheap, a whopping $6 for 3 bars, triple the cost of Ivory. Sure it's imported, but it's so not cool to import crap and then mark them up 3 times! I mean, after a little more than half way through the freakin' soap got a huge crack right down the middle of its length good's sake! Did you hear me, Shiseido? Your soap cracked, and good soaps don't crack. I want my money back!

You should just save yours...

3 comments:

Eka said...

I saw this in soap the other day. I was about to buy one but I stopped myself. I'll still choose my ivory soap over this one anytime. Thanks for the review! :) I'm following your blog from now on.

D. said...

Hi Eka!

You are very welcome and thank you for visiting :)

I'm glad you have a lot more will power than to stop yourself in situations like these. Your thoughts are mine exactly! If you like Ivory soap in the first place, why would you shell out three times the money for Shiseido, right? I hope Shiseido is listening... :D

Unknown said...

I love this soap and I've never had any problems with it. In fact I get it for about 1.10 a bar. I saw online for 1.61.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts