Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ruth's Chris Steak House, San Francisco

Happy Valentine's! Sorry I've been away for work, but I'm back and will start catching up with the list of drafts I've got built up :X

Let's start with Ruth's Chris Steak House. It's a high-end steak house and yes, it's a chain. I've been here a few times with hubby, the first time was to take his Japanese colleague A-san for an "American" treat. A-san actually already tried a Ruth's Chris branch in Seattle but didn't like it, and as I was doing my research for a nice steak house in SF, all I found was poshy places that served up Japanese-fusion plates. Not that there's anything wrong with Japanese-fusion, only that A-san was looking for a more "traditional" steak. It seemed like Ruth's Chris offered a pretty straight up fare, and so off we went. And it was a huge hit. 

Sorry the pictures are kind of crappy because the lighting was so dim!

I'm not a big steak person so I ordered several of their appetizers instead. Pretty decent, and they definitely didn't go skimpy on the seafood. The Spicy Lobster (top left) was my least favorite because it was a tad too sweet, but the Crabtini (top right) was awesome with huge chunks of crabmeat. The Barbecued Shrimp (I think, at bottom left, it definitely didn't look anything barbecued!) was yummy, although a tad rich, and the Crab Cakes were my favorite because like the Crabtini, they had huge chunks of crab meat in them! 

Hubby and A-san went for the steaks, and wow, they steaks were done so perfectly they each inhaled theirs even when they didn't intend to. Knowing Ruth's Chris is a chain hubby didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised with his steak. As for A-san, he was so beyond impressed he literally dragged the dinner on for 3 hours eating his steak slowly bite by bite. We came in at 6 and left at 9, at which point both hubby and I were dying to just go home ^.^

Anyway, since A-san was dragging his dinner out for so long, hubby and I ordered dessert while waiting for the guy to savor his last few bites. I got an Irish coffee, which was so so strong (it had whiskey in it) I had to keep dilute it with milk. But the bread pudding and the creme brulee were delicious! I wish they would soak the bread pudding in some more of that yummy condensed milk sauce, but that's nothing a can of condensed milk at home can't fix ^.^ I mean, that thing was huge, and you would have to take it home anyway. The creme brulee was very creamy but still light enough that we didn't get sick of it after a few bites. Hubby ate it all and gave me all but 2 bites :(

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts