Thursday, August 11, 2016

Lunasol Stain Color Lips Part II

So...guess what happened. I bought more of the Lunasol Stain Color Lips =.= Are you surprised? Of 2015 summer limited edition releases, I got EX02 Fresh Coral and EX03 Energy Red. I also picked up EX05 Vivid Red, a limited edition from 2015 fall collection.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Boy, I'm in big trouble--I absolutely love my three new lippies! If the formula for 07 Fresh Orange is any consistent with those in the permanent range, then believe it or not the formula for these LE ones is even better. Much better. As in buttery, with a semi-translucent, soft matte finish, and somehow still retains the intense pigmentation. See the swatches for yourself below.


How they make a lipstick both translucent and matte, I have no idea, but goodness I love it! I use only dabs, but it truly wears like a stain, a super comfortable one! Wow. Count me impressed. I'm so, so, so happy to have these LE's, much so I went back to Rakuten JP and snatched up the rest: EX01 Cool Fuchsia from the 2015 summer release, and EX04 Soft Bordeaux from the 2015 fall release. Will review these later. Forget the permanent lineup, I will only buy the LE's for this lipstick range from now on.

- EX02 Fresh Coral: true coral.

- EX03 Energy Red: a drop-dead gorgeous yellow-based red. Omg I love this color so much!

- EX05 Vivid Red: a cool, fuchsia-toned medium pink. This color frightened me a bit when I swatched it, but it's actually surprisingly flattering on my lips.

Left photo, left to right: EX02 Fresh Coral, EX03 Energy Red, and EX05 Vivid Red.
Right photo: 07 Fresh Orange versus the 3 LE's. See how all 3 LE's are more translucent than the opaque 07? Love!

See my previous Lunasol Stain Color Lips post.

4 comments:

Caty said...

Ooooooo, so lovely! I'll admit, I totally ignored these when they came out but now I'm reconsidering.

D. said...

Hi Caty,

I did too! My first purchase of this lipstick was done out of desperation for something new...

^.^"
D.

kuri said...

Very pretty!

D. said...

Aren't they? I <3 them! Wore EX05 today and it was just perfect!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts