I have 5 of these Le Rouge Absolu in various shades of pink. The majority of the shades in this line are pinks or derivatives of pink, I believe. There is only one red in this line, Valentine, and even then it's a blue-based red. Good thing I have Rosiere!
All pictures taken indoor with flash unless otherwise noted.
- Tawny Rose: a warm blush pink. This is the lipstick I layered with the Stila It Gloss in Savvy and they are a match made in heaven! The golden bronze gloss blend beautifully with the warm pink and turned a gorgeous golden peach with hints of coral!
- Beach Flame: A fiery apricot with a pearly flamingo pink sheen! This color is so vibrant I usually have to tone it down with glosses on top. If I wear a base, then I apply with a light hand to brighten up my lips with just a touch of color. Pretty!
- Rose Crystal: a violet tinted berry with hints of bronze. Even with the bronze though, this color is too cool for me and I usually have to layer a warm gloss on top. May be I'll try the Savvy It Gloss with this too and see what sorts of miracle will happen...
From left to right: Tawny Rose, Beach Flame, and Rose Crystal. Picture taken in natural light without flash.
- Pink Diamond: This lipstick is actually a few shades lighter and cooler than it looks in the picture. It's a pretty darkened lotus pink that makes me looks like I'm trying too hard. But then it looks absolutely marvelous on my sister, who's a tad more tanned than I am, so may be it just doesn't like me. Hmm...I guess I'll have to experiment again with the gazillion lip glosses I own. Something will bound to work...
- Unknown color: yeah, I accidentally tore off the little label at the bottom of the tube, so this color's an unsolved mystery for me. I remember glancing at it once, but I just can't remember what color it is. It drives me crazy!!! And the fact I like it so much only makes it worse! Anyway, this lipstick is an apricot nude with a gold sheen and hints of red. I usually need to apply a sheer gloss on top to enhance the color a little because it disappears on my lips and I look like I'm not wearing anything at all!