Thursday, May 8, 2008

Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss

Is everyone competing for the stickiest gloss award or what? Because we have yet another contender - Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss!

I was so excited to try this so-called superbalm, thinking, wow, a balmy gloss that's super moisturizing, but no, by all means this is not a balm even when the name implies it. With that said though, it's actually a decent gloss that feels smooth on my lips. It's unscented, so no fake flavors, and it doesn't come with the usual foul chemical smell in many Clinique glosses. As for the moisturizing factor, I'm not quite sold on that yet. It is quite thick and a bit sticky, and it didn't pass my tissue test, which I very much dislike (who the heck likes tissue sticking to their lips anyway?). But to make up for that it does last for a while, so that's good.

I got this Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss GWP in Raspberry. It looks red but goes on a sheer pink. It's okay. Not my favorite, but I will probably use this if my beloved Lancome Juicy Tubes ever ever go away (I pray not!).

2 comments:

(g)ezebel said...

ooo, i love the color of that. i always put on a beeswax or shea butter balm (or even plain chapstick) before gloss and lipstick. for some reason, my lips just feel better if i have a "base," ya know?

D. said...

Hi Gezebel,

I do too, although mostly with lipstick because my lips are very dry and lipsticks by themselves are just way too drying. But I do wear gloss by themselves.

By the way, I took your advice with the bronze Stila It Gloss. Marvelous! It worked like a charm! Thanks!!!

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts