I was very excited to try this 60mL/2fl. oz. squeeze bottle of Elemis Superfood Glow Priming Moisturiser. At the time, I was going through a highlighter-primer phase and would spring at anything that fit the profile--I was looking for something I could bring to Tokyo to double as a moisturizer-highlighter-primer. Even better was that I do like Elemis as a brand too--they're under the same parent company as L'Occitane!
The first thing I noticed about this product is the super squeezy bottle and the pointy tip dispenser--so I could dispense exactly the amount I want. Great! Intuitive packaging is always a pleasant surprise. The second thing that caught my attention was the scent: a lovely fruity rose, quite a unique fragrance and I loved it! As for the product itself, it was a soft cream moisturizer with added micro pink-beige pearly shimmers. Once applied, blended out, and set, I got this lovely glow. 





The problem was that it didn't layer well under my waterproof sunscreen, which was a total deal-breaker. Yes, this stuff melted and smeared my sunscreen, so it dropped out of my Tokyo short list. Then I thought, well, I like this stuff a lot, so maybe I should keep it to use on days when I don't wear sunscreen. When the opportunity came around and I had a day of lounging around the house and not go outside, so I applied this moisturizer and skipped the sunscreen, just to see how to wears throughout the day. Well, it wore pretty well for the first half of the day. By the afternoon though, it had oxidized and I looked like I was wearing bronzer. Boo. Hiss. Ended up passing it on to my friend M. who liked it quite a bit! Glad it found a loving home.







No comments:
Post a Comment