Sunday, December 5, 2010

Bubby's Yokohama

Isn't it strange how we flock to similar things when we're far away from home? Hubby and I are suffering from a bit of homesickness and to soothe this heartache (or rather stomach growling) we dragged ourselves to...Bubby's! No, not the one in Tribeca or even Blooklyn, the Bubby's in Yokohama, right outside of the Sakuragicho Station!

Even more ironic is the fact that we've never tried the originals in NYC... ^.^ But who cares? We needed major reminder of an American burger, and with recommendations from a few fellow Americans we trusted Bubby's to do the right thing.


Actually, this is our 2nd time there, as the first time was a couple of weeks ago with N. after watching Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part I at a nearby theater. We were so excited that night that we swallowed up all our food before I could even think to snap a picture. That time N. ordered a shepherd's pie, hubby got a BBQ pork sandwich which he loved, and I got a bacon cheeseburger, which was delicious saved for the fact that my thick-cut bacon was chewy and not crunchy and I prefer my bacon on the burnt side...Not very healthy, I know, but this is only an occasional treat for me and hubby, so it's okay. What?!? You Americans don't eat hamburgers 3 meals a day (or so according to popular Japanese stereotype)?!? Erhh...no, sorry to disappoint, but these Americans rarely eat burgers at all, even in America...


Anyway, the same thing happened this time, and the 7 Spices (Herbs?) Chicken Sandwich we ordered disappear before I could immortalize it in my digital photo album. It came topped with marinara sauce along with a white sauce that looked like ranch, I couldn't tell. Either way, it was delicious and needless to say, it didn't last long xD


After inhaling the chicken sandwich, we were more calmed so I could take pictures of the nachos plate, which was small even tough it was supposed to be a full size (by Japanese standard, I guess ^.^). It was good, needed more salsa, but not bad.


The last time we came here with N., I was dying for buffalo wings but they were sold out by the time I ordered. I finally got my wings this time around, and as apprehensive as I was, I'm happy to report these are buffalo wings indeed! No funny business here xD The only thing that was missing were celeries and carrot slices. And they didn't have any ranch, which was too bad since me and blue cheese don't mix. Hate that stuff. Yuck. When we left, we even bought a bottle of the buffalo wings sauce the restaurant sells, though we're not sure if they were just selling them or it was actually the sauce used to make the wings we ate. Ha...what a bunch of homesick silly fools we are...

For the life of us we couldn't figure out who makes this sauce because, well, only every buffalo wings' sauce out there claims to be world famous. Seriously, can't these folk think of, say, a more unique name than "World Famous Buffalo Wing Sauce"?

This is the fresh pressed orange soda, basically several medallions of orange mashed up with soda poured on top. Tasted just like a fresh squeezed OJ soda ^.^ Yummy! They also have lemon or lime versions, though I think I favor the orange best.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts