Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sephora Collection Outrageous Prisma Chrome Metallic Eyeshadow

After the Sephora Collection Prisma Chrome Eye Shadows, I was happy to give their successors, the Outrageous Prisma Chrome Metallic Eyeshadows, a try, especially when they were on sale for $3 a piece ^.^

Along with these eye shadows, I also picked up an Anastasia Beverly Hills lip gloss for my sister, a Tarte Thoughtful Treasures Best-Sellers Set, and got the Festive Cheery pouch as GWP (contents in right picture) from which I got the Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion Anti-Aging. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

Sephora winter 2013 GWP event.
***Screenshots from Sephora USA.

Anyway, there were 8 colors available with "Outrageous" Prisma Chrome Metallic Eyeshadow, apparently with slightly different names on the back of the actual products versus online (in parenthesis), and they skip numbers too, which only adds to the confusion.
- #1 Metallic Beige (Pearly Golden)
- #2 Metallic Peach (Golden Peach)
- #3 Metallic Bronze (Golden Taupe)
- #5 Metallic Purple (Purple)
- #6 Metallic Taupe (Taupe)
- #7 Metallic Grey (Taupe Silver)
- #9 Metallic Black (Black)
- #10 Metallic Lilac (Lilac)

I only chose #1 Metallic Beige, #2 Metallic Peach, and #5 Metallic Purple.

Right away, I could see improvements in the packaging. Instead of the huge, thick, and bulk square compacts that the previous Prisma Chromes came in, these "Outrageous" Metallic ones are in smaller and thinner round compacts with clear lids, so you can see exactly what you're getting. I honestly think these round pots are still too big and they could have made it even smaller, but this is Sephora we're talking about so I won't expect too much. They made it thinner and and smaller, and that's already a big feat.


Whereas the packaging improved only slightly, the formula improved a whole lot! This time around, it's not just a baked powder but a baked hybrid of powder and cream. This change significantly alters the feel of the eye shadow itself, and it's now velvety to the touch and much more metallic, especially when wet. Outrageously metallic indeed! That said, this hyper metallicity is not consistent in the 3 colors I own, as in 2 are more metallic than the third, but they are all equally pigmented, which is good. Other than texture, finish, and pigmentation leaps, the eye shadow also applies super smooth. After a few months of use I'm so impressed I hunted down a few other colors, which are available both via Amazon market sellers and E(vil)bay.

- #1 Metallic Beige: metallic, medium intensity (dry) and high intensity (wet). A gorgeous gorgeous metallic beige with a slight pink sheen depends on how the light hits. In fact, you can see this slight pink sheen in the right closeup picture below. Oh my goodness I absolutely LOVE this color! Not only it's the most metallic shade out of the 3 colors I own, it's a perfect color for a wash all over the lid, then line with a black liner for a classic look that's jazzed up with an intense metallic sheen.

- #2 Metallic Peach: metallic, medium intensity (dry) and high intensity (wet). It may look a little peachy in the pan but it swatched a metallic coppery gold that's both too red and coppery to be anywhere close to peach on my skin. It's still very pretty and also makes a good wash all over the lids for a simple but glamorous look with black liners.

- #5 Metallic Purple: metallic, medium intensity (dry) and high intensity (wet). A neutral smokey purple, as if you were to mix slate gray with purple. This one is the less metallic when used dry, and when used wet it gains a silvery sheen. Makes a nice crease shade.

From left to right: #1 Metallic Beige, #2 Metallic Peach, and #5 Metallic Purple. Drop row dry swatches, bottom row wet swatches.

2 comments:

Ann said...

The shades that you picked look so beautiful!!

I cant wait for you Tarte review!! I want so badly Tarte make up!! we don't have Tarte in my local Sephora(or maybe we have now It have been more than one month since I went there)

Cheers!! :)

D. said...

Hi Ann,

I love these soooo much, which is actually surprising because I haven't really like much of anything by the Sephora brand. So I've got more colors of these as well as a back up for the Metallic Beige, which I've worn quite often now ^.^

As for Tarte, I'm actually really slow on the skincare testing factor, because I do use up all my skincare items before starting new ones. So it might be a while until I get to the Tarte maracuja oils, but hopefully I'll get to the lip pencil and blush soon!

Cheers,
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts