Sunday, September 14, 2014

Victoria's Secret VS Pro Smooth FX Lip Scrub & Balm

Last of my Victoria's Secret clearance loot this past June is the VS Pro Smooth FX Lip Scrub & Balm, which was actually more expensive than all the other items at $8! This is a pot of sugar scrub for lips. The screw-cap houses a balm with a flip-top lid.

This is actually my very first lip scrub, and I don't like it at all LOL Honestly, it feels just a bunch of sugar in an emollient, vaseline-like base... Oh hell, what am I talking about? It IS a bunch of sugar in an emollient, vaseline-like base! I hate my lip products to have any taste at all, scented is okay, but not taste, so right away I hate that I'm actually rubbing sugar on my lips, because it tastes like, well, sugar on my lips. And if that's the case I'm better off making my own lip scrub with cane sugar and coconut or almond butter, in case I accidentally ingest some it won't poison me ^.^ And I save $8!

But really, the worst part is that this berry-scented scrub doesn't work. The emollient base is not emollient enough. It doesn't have any grip on the sugar, so as a result the sugar just falls right off of my lips. So this is not something I can do at my vanity or desk, unless I want litter my tables with sugar crumbs. Even when I do succeed in keeping the sugar on my lips, and I rub and rub, after wiping off my lips are still dry and flaky :( I don't get it, is there a secret to using lip scrubs I'm missing here?


However, the redeeming point to this product is the balm in the screw-cap that they give you very little of, probably because it's actually quite good! It's not going to replace my favorite Beauty Rush Soothing Lip Balm formula anytime soon, but it feels damn nice on my lips! This balm is wax based, so it's a thicker balm, but it's not waxy by any means. It might even be a bit sticky for some people, but I like the substantial feel rather than the super thin stuff that wears off in 5 minutes. I love the strong menthol tingling sensation that lasts a while even thought the balm isn't scented with peppermint. This balm is what I actually reach for, not the attached scrub, so if you think about it, it's quite an expensive balm! That's to say I wouldn't recommend buying this scrub for just the balm. Here's to hope VS will bring back that awesome Soothing Lip Balm that they inexplicably discontinued! Are you listening VS?

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts