Moving on with my Body Shop Shimmer Cubes project ^.^ In this batch are palettes 10, 11, and 12. These earlier ones don't have names so I'm only going by the numbers.
All pictures taken in natural light without flash. Clickable photos = zoom, so click and see ^.^
- 10: it all started with this palette 10, yes, this very one. Way back in 2005 when hubby and I were still dating (yes, we're an old couple...), I went out to dinner with his family one night, and his sister wore the most gorgeous gold champagne eye shadow. When I asked her what it was, she said The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes palette 10. I went straight out to the store the next day, but apparently it was already sold out. It wasn't online either, and so I stalked E(vil)bay for the longest time (3 years -- talk about dedication and persistence!!!) until I nabbed a new one, still sealed. And I started collecting these ever since.
Clockwise from top left:
- Mint Slice: metallic and high intensity (dry and wet). A peacock green that has more blue when used dry and gains more green when used wet. Also, when used wet, this color stains!!! It pretty much cut my afternoon photo session short because it stained the back of my hand and I had to wait until the next day for more swatches :X
- Creme Caramel: metallic and high intensity (dry and wet). This is the golden champagne that got me to collect these Shimmer Cubes. The irony is that this color doesn't look nearly as good on me as it did on SIL. Ha.
- Pecan Pie: metallic and high intensity (dry and wet). A gorgeous taupe with a silver metallic sheen. When used wet, this color gives a foil-like effect and the silver sheen becomes like a mirror. Gorgeous!
- Blackforest Gateaux: metallic, medium intensity (dry) and high intensity (wet). A pretty bluish purple.
- 11: unless you like pastels, this palette is going to be a bust. I rarely reach for it, and when I do I pretty much only use one color, Peach, at bottom left. Thankfully these colors aren't too frosty.
Clockwise from top left:
- Kiwi Fruit: metallic and high intensity (wet and dry). A mint green.
- Lychee: metallic and high intensity (wet and dry). A soft white that's not too harsh.
- Peach: metallic and high intensity (wet and dry). It looks orangey in the pan but is a pretty peach, true to its name.
- Lemon: metallic and high intensity (wet and dry). Looks lemony in the pan indeed but is more of a pale yellow on me.
- 12: I already reviewed this palette in detail, so I won't duplicate my own work ^.^" Overall this is a very nice palette although it's not my favorite. Also, all 4 colors in this palette are duped again and again in a few other palettes, which I'm very annoyed about but oh well...
- The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes
- The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes Part II
- The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes Part III