Sunday, October 4, 2015

Allie Extra UV Protector Perfect Alpha S 50+ PA++++

Here's a two-years-late review for Allie Extra UV Protector Perfect Alpha S 50+ PA++++. I've been using this new formulation since 2013 when it came out, and this is my nth bottle as I've lost count how many I used up since then. The new formula was to adhere to the new Japanese sun protection ratings enacted at the start of that year.

Allie Extra UV Protector Perfect Alpha S in 2015 packaging.

To be honest, I didn't want to bother with this review at all. I procrastinated for so long because this new formula doesn't feel much different, if at all, from the previous formulation that was Extra UV Protector Perfect Alpha. It feels very slightly more substantial on my face, but that's not to say it's any heavier because it's not. I spread it evenly all over my face, even on my eyelids and leave it to absorb for about 5 minutes while I get dressed. Then I massage the rest in and it just disappears.

Since arriving in Tokyo mid August, I did notice that my face has gotten a touch shinier by the afternoon. However, Tokyo is also a whole lot more humid than my home state side. I might experiment Anessa or Biore UV Perfect next as I've read these have stronger oil control function and leave a matte finish. Then again, with winter approaching this oil control and matte finish might backfire and dry out my skin instead. We'll see. I've been using Allie since 2009 and she won't mind my brief curiosity every now and then :P

Anyway, in all my previous reviews I'd never mentioned any active ingredients for Allie. This current formulation contains zinc oxide (酸化亜鉛), octinoxate (メトキシケイヒ酸エチルヘキシル), and Uvinul A+ (ジエチルアミノヒドロキシベンゾイル安息香酸ヘキシル), making it more chemical filtering than physical blocking, which explains why it has a nicer and more elegant a finish.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts