Saturday, August 3, 2013

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter Part II

I finally finally got to the rest of my Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter ^.^ So far, I've collected 18, with the exception of 30 Fig Jam (too brown) and 60 Gumdrop (too pale), plus the 4 new colors, which I will post next.

I have already reviewed 001 Pink Truffle, 025 Peach Parfait, 045 Cotton Candy, 050 Berry Smoothie, 070 Cherry Tart, and 085 Sugar Plum in detail, along with their texture and wear, etc., so there will only be color descriptions in this post. I will say, though, that there are many colors in this batch that are just utterly unwearable for me. It's too bad, but I expected this, sort of. After all, it's a range of 20 colors and some are bound to clash, but I guess I was hoping to be able to wear more. Oh well.

First up is 005 Sugar Frosting, 010 Raspberry Pie, 015 Tutti Frutti, 020 Brown Sugar, 035 Candy Apple, and 040 Red Velvet. All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

- 005 Sugar Frosting: a sheer veil of pearly cloud pink. It totally disappears on the back of my hand, but on my lips the pearly sheen is visible, turning them a bit pale. Thankfully it's sheer, because any more opaque and I would not be able to wear this color at all.

- 010 Raspberry Pie: holy hell this one is pigmented! It's a shimmer free magenta that has more wine in the tube, swatched much more pink, but goes on my lips with some violet undertone. Very pretty, although due to its intensity, I only swipe once on my lower lips and then press for nice stain effect.

- 015 Tutti Frutti: a shimmer free one candied orange that swatched a tangerine on my hand but turns an orangey persimmons pink on my lips. Unfortunately, this color has some opacity and can be patchy on my lips, so I don't love it as much as I thought I would.

- 020 Brown Sugar: I sort of regretted getting this color. It's a muddy brown in the tube, swatched a golden caramel on my hand, and a shimmery taupe beige with pinky undertone on my lips. In short, it's a color I would never ever wear :(

- 035 Candy Apple: a shimmer free translucent red that swatched with lots of yellow, almost orangey. But of course it gains some coral on my lips, becoming more of a reddish coral. It's decently pigmented, although due to its translucency it's not as potent as the 010 Raspberry Pie or the 040 Red Velvet below. I like it like that, actually. If it were any more opaque I probably wouldn't reach for it as often.

- 040 Red Velvet: another really pigmented one, and also shimmer free. A vampy blood red in the tube as well as on the back of my hand. However, it goes on me with some violet and turns more of a red wine. Again, it's so pigmented I only wear it as a stain with one swipe on the lower lip, then press to spread.

From left to right: 005 Sugar Frosting, 010 Raspberry Pie, 015 Tutti Frutti, 020 Brown Sugar, 035 Candy Apple, and 040 Red Velvet. I know you can't see 005 Sugar Frosting at all, but trust me it's there.

Next up is 055 Cupcake, 065 Creamsicle, 075 Lollipop, 080 Strawberry Shortcake, 090 Sweet Tart, and 095 Creme Brulee. This batch is much worse than the last and I can't wear half of these colors T.T

- 055 Cupcake: a shimmer free but opaque lilac. In fact, it's so opaque it appears almost neon-like on my lips. A classic ganguro lip color. Enough said.

- 065 Creamsicle: a shimmer free milky pale peach that's also opaque. Another classic ganguro color. That's two in a row! What's going on?

- 075 Lollipop: a shimmery hot pink with fuchsia undertone and a lilac iridescent sheen. It's translucent enough and is very pretty in a sort of hip, mod, and full of girl-power!

- 080 Strawberry Shortcake: a shimmer free semi opaque lotus pink with hints of lilac. On the back of my hand it looks innocent enough, showing some translucency even, only to turn me into a tweeny bopper. No. Just...no.

- 090 Sweet Tart: a bright but translucent bubblegum pink. My first thought upon swatching it? Thank god it's not opaque! LOL!

- 095 Creme Brulee: a shimmery nude with some translucency. When I swatched this color, I was afraid it would be another miss and four strikes in a batch of 6 colors would be terrible luck. However, on my lips it proves rather sheer and is a totally wearable nude that evens outs my pale lips. Phew! A bonus is that I don't need a mirror to apply it!

From left to right: 055 Cupcake, 065 Creamsicle, 075 Lollipop, 080 Strawberry Shortcake, 090 Sweet Tart, and 095 Creme Brulee.

See my previous Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter post.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts