Friday, April 25, 2008

Clinique Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick

The Clinique Long Last Soft Shine supposed to have moderate coverage, but in my opinion the coverage is pretty inconsistent. Among my 3 lipsticks, Red Red Red is very pigmented with full coverage, Bamboo Pink is moderate, and Golden Coral is sheer, very much like a Bare Brilliance lipstick. And I actually bought 2 out of these 3, so that's pretty unusual for me because I'm so picky with lipsticks that I rarely buy one unless I absolutely love the shade! The majority of the time, the cosmetic companies would have to bribe me into trying their new lippies, which explains why most of the lipsticks I own are GWP. Mind you, the purchases were seldom lipsticks :P

All pictures taken indoor with flash unless otherwise noted.

- Red Red Red: I have already reviewed this beauty in this Red Lipsticks! post, so I'm not going to bore you again with my babblings.




- Bamboo Pink: I understand neither the Bamboo nor the Pink in this lipstick. It's more of a cool silvery mauve lipstick with plummy undertones, a bit on the purple side even, at least on me. Not the best shades for my already pale lips, but when I go really light-handed, with a warmer gloss I could get its moderate coverage on sheer enough for my taste so it's not too bad. I have only used it a few times so I guess I have yet to discover its allure.


Swatch of Bamboo Pink, looks pretty sheer but it's actually moderate coverage. Picture taken in natural light without flash.


- Golden Coral: This tube gets the second most usage, next to the Bare Brilliance Poppy. Again, its orangy coral with warm golden shimmers won me over, and it's actually very sheer, so I use it more often than not. I actually bought this lipstick. Enough said.

2 comments:

psychoexgirlfriend said...

Bamboo Pink is the one that most often comes with GWPs I think. If I recall correctly, I think I had a tube of that once... LOL. The other two shades are just gorgeous. You must show us a pic of it on.

D. said...

Hi psychoexgirlfriend,

Yah, that tube I have is also a GWP :D I think almost everyone who was ever suckered into buying stuff for GWP has one LOL

I don't do FOTD often (me = lazy bum), but I'll wear either Red Red Red or Golden Coral next time for you ^.^ Most likely it will be Golden Coral because Red Red Red is VERY pigmented and frankly I'm quite...scared of it LOL

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts